Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Amazing Love

Today I got to spend over an hour in the car by myself driving down the interstate to meet Mom in Prescott to pick up the kids. Oh, how I enjoyed this time--time to just be still and think. I decided to listen to one of my Zoe Group cds which I hadn't listened to in a while. I was listening to and singing along with the song, "Amazing Love" when I just got so choked up. Here are some of the really powerful words:


I'm forgiven, because you were forsaken
I'm accepted, you were condemned
I'm alive and well, you're spirit is within me
Because you died and rose again


Amazing love, how can it be
That you my king would die for me
Amazing love, I know it's true
It's my joy to honor you
Amazing love, how can it be
That you My king would die for me
Amazing love, I know it's true
It's my joy to honor you
In all I do I honor you


This is such a beautiful song. It really reminded me of what an amazing love God has for me. Sometimes I forget and I let all the "things" of life consume me. When I do stop, am still, and really think about it, I am overwhelmed by His love. It really should be my joy to honor Him. Is it? How often do I really let that sink in? Not often enough I'm afraid.


I was struck today too with the feeling of how badly I want Hannah and Lincoln to love the Lord. I want them to one day be so overwhelmed by His love that they obey Him, are baptized, and live life with the feeling that it is a joy to honor God. I realize what a responsibility it is that I have to show them God's amazing love. Again, I am overwhelmed. I pray that I can live my life so that Hannah and Lincoln can see God's love in me.

I need to be still more often.

No comments: