Thursday, August 27, 2009

Garage Sale

Last Friday and Saturday Carrie, Leanne, Julie, and I had a HUGE garage sale at Julie's house. Thursday night after Bunko, we all headed over with all our stuff to try to get most of it set up before opening at 7:00 a.m. the next morning. We had to cram it all in her garage overnight. It would barely fit! We left there at 1:30 a.m.!!!



This is us bright and early!



We just had a ton of stuff, especially clothes!



Carrie, Leanne, and I took turns watching the 4 kids for half the day Friday. I caught Hannah rubbing Jack's back! So cute! These two love each other! They play so well together. I wish I could get Hannah to play with Lincoln like she does with Jack!


Sweet little Eden was all smiles!

Lincoln got to ride him a horse. Too bad he didn't have his boots and hat!

Here they are dancing to Dora!


Then they decided they'd try to ride each other. They thought this was fun.


He wasn't hurting Jack, I promise!!!

Of course, Hannah had to try to fix Eden's hair for her.

They seriously had so much fun together while we were giving away, I mean selling all our junk. We closed up Friday at 3:30 and then came back out Saturday from 7:00 to 1:30. I sold a big computer desk, my double stroller, a craft table, a bunch of little toys, a bunch of clothes, the castle Kris made for Hannah's 4th birthday party, a blower, a kids bicycle, and a ton of other things. I don't think I had quite as much as the other girls. I just had some bigger items. This was about all I had left!

It was slim pickings at the end.



Carrie had the awesome idea of a way to keep up with how much each person made. Everyone marked their stuff with a different colored sticker. Then, we made this chart and took the sticker off each item sold and added them all up at the end. We ended up making over $1300 total, a little over $300 each! Not too bad!


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I didn't know you sold your stroller, are you getting a new one?

Jamie said...

Don't know yet. I was just tired of the big thing! It wasn't a great one, but served its purpose.