Monday, May 10, 2010

Kindergarten Registration & Hannah's Art Gallery

Last week I took Hannah to register for Kindergarten. For the last couple of weeks, I'll be driving in the car and get to thinking about Hannah starting school soon. Every single time the tears start welling up in my eyes. I just can't believe that we are almost there. I am very much anticipating all the changes that are about to take place in her life--and in mine.

She did fine at Registration. They took her by herself and did a little assessment. She told me they asked her to count some dots, write her name, and draw a picture of herself. They probably did other stuff, but this is all I could get out of her. It didn't seem to bother her too much to be taken away from me by a teacher to do this. She got to see one of her little friends from preschool who will be going to school with her. I don't know exactly when we find out about her teacher and all that stuff, but we did get her school supply list and some other information. I was reading her supply list to her and she just was all smiles. I know that it all sounded so fun to her!

I am not worried at all about how well she will do. She is definitely ready to go to school and learn. She makes friends pretty easily, so I know she will have so much fun. She will go to school from 7:55 to 3:20--5 days a week. That is a LONG day!!! I know this will be an adjustment for Hannah as well as for Lincoln and myself. Lincoln is used to seeing his sister more than that. When I think about the fact that she will no longer spend most of her time with me, I just can hardly stand it. Where has the time gone??? She is not supposed to be so big yet.

That is all I can say about this subject right now. That first day of school is going to be SO HARD for me!!!!!

For weeks now I've been wanting to showcase the art gallery that has been in our house. This is Hannah's art gallery. She is so good about going to her room each afternoon and having her quiet time. She spends most of this time, writing and drawing in her room. Lately she will come out and ask me how to spell something or show me how she tried to spell something. I love this.

So, here is some of her artwork! This is the outside of her bedroom door. She likes to hang some of her stuff here.


Per Hannah, this is a baby kangaroo and a momma kangaroo. Hehe!

These are cheetah spots.

Butterfly.

This is the inside of her bedroom door.

This picture is Blake (one of her favorite boys to talk about from her class) with a teddy bear and herself.

This is my frig. It is crazy busy with all the artwork. That's a Christmas tree at the top left side.

Love this one. This is a Paper Doll with clothes that she made glued on top of it.

This is where she tried to write some stuff by herself. "I Love my mommy", "I love my daddy", "I love my baby brother", "Hannah Keim", "Kenzie", and "Emma". Those are flowers on the left side and hearts on the right. Many days I'll hear her in her room trying to sound out words and write them. She is SO ready to start reading!!!

Rainbows!

This is a house with trees and the red around the trees is mulch. I guess she drew this one when we were mulching our flower beds a couple weekends ago. We got red mulch. :-)

This is our whole family--Me with the J under it, Daddy the big blue face, Lincoln with the backwards L and K under him, Hannah, and the backwards B is baby brother.

Another beautiful rainbow!

This is an "R" she made and cut out. R is for Rainbow she says.

A lovely lady bug.

This one is baby brother with a blanket over him.

This is a flower in the red mulch with green leaves.

She decided one day that she and Lincoln needed a good behavior chart. So, she made one. Every so often she'll come and say that they did something good and they got a mark on their chart. Ha!!!

I will say that I LOVE the art gallery that has become my house, BUT I do have to go through and "file" some of it away otherwise my house (especially Hannah's room) would be covered in paper!! I keep alot of what she draws and writes in a big file. I just wanted to put some of her work on here so I could remember what she is really into at this stage. I can't wait to see what is ahead--what she will do next year in Kindergarten!

2 comments:

Jessica Harriman said...

That is precious!

Becky Lynch said...

Where has the time gone and how are our little girls starting Kindergarten in the fall. I love picture of Hannah by the tree. As a matter of fact, G has it and she wore it to her Kindergarten Round-Up!