Thursday, May 6, 2010

31 weeks

Tuesday marked 31 weeks! This has been an emotional last few days for me. I think it is mostly pregnancy hormones. I'm just ultra sensitive and kind of over-whelmed with thoughts of what is coming up in our family in the next few months and all the things still left to do before Hokie arrives. I registered Hannah for Kindergarten on Tuesday and that was a big eye-opener for me. Time is just flying by and I just want to treasure every moment I can--with each of my kids and with this pregnancy that will soon be over.

As far as this pregnancy goes, I feel like I just want to eat constantly. My biggest craving is ice cream. I especially crave it after Aqua Moms. It is definitely hard to bend over now and I try to do this as little as possible. The soreness has been better this week I think, but I'm anticipating some after this weekend. We are going to the Arthritis Walk on Saturday and then to Wild River Country. I'm really looking forward to this though!

I'm feeling lots of movement still. Last night I was lying on my back on the couch and really thought I felt little legs kicking me continuously. It is such a neat feeling.

Hokie, this week, you are about 16 inches long and weigh about 3 1/2 lbs (about the weight of 4 naval oranges). I love you sweet thing and just can not wait to see you!!!!


3 comments:

Mike & Leanne said...

I can't wait to meet Hokie either. You look so cute pregnant and I can't believe he will be here soon. I really can't wait to find out the name either. The suspense is killing me. haha

Allison said...

Jamie you look beautiful! LOVE the shirt you're wearing in this post too. Is this new boy going to be named with an L as well?

Jamie said...

Thanks Allison! Yes, Hokie will not be Hokie forever. He will be another LEK. :)