Thursday, April 29, 2010

30 weeks

So, there is a shadow on all these pictures. I think it makes me look bigger than I already am. I'm feeling huge and I have 10 weeks to go. Today while taking Lincoln to Chickfila, I was holding his hand walking across the drive-thru lane to go inside. I had my keys and a $20 bill in the other hand. I went to lock my car door and let go of my $20! It went flying away down the pavement next to the drive-thru!!! I screamed, held on to Linc, and ran to try to catch it before it completely got away from me! I finally got it. Man would I have been upset if I'd lost that thing. But I couldn't help but totally laugh at myself--this big ole pregnant lady with a kid in tow sprinting after a run-away $20 bill! Everyone in the long line at the drive-thru had to have seen me. It was quite comical. I ran alot of errands today and am extremely sore down low. I really think a huge reason was because I ran. If it weren't for this silly soreness all the time, I'd feel awesome!

I went to the doctor on Wednesday. Everything looked fine. I'm measuring around 30 weeks and we heard the heartbeat again. I gained 4 lbs!!! I laughed because I have only been gaining about 3 lbs every 4 weeks and I go this time after 2 weeks and have gained 4lbs. I really think eating all of my mother-in-law's wonderful cooking last weekend probably contributed to that weight gain!! I will say my appetite has increased, but it seems like after I eat I am so full, I'm miserable for a little while. Oh well, you gotta gain weight. That's part of being pregnant! I want this little guy to be strong and healthy!

I've been working on more room decor the last few days. I hope to get that done soon. My mom is going to help me make a bed skirt for Hokie's bed. Once I get these last couple of things done, I can get everything hung on the walls and will post some pictures of the boys' room.

Lincoln said a funny thing to me today that I wanted to remember. We were driving along and out of the blue, he said "Mom, when the baby comes out , they'll be a big hole in your tummy." I just laughed! It is so funny to me how his little mind works sometimes. Hannah, on the other hand, doesn't really talk about the baby too much. I think she is just preoccupied with other things. This girl LOVES to draw and write. She will spend hours in her room some days doing this. Lately she has been trying to write books. She tries to write words and it is so neat to see her really trying so hard to read and write. She's going to do great in Kindergarten! We register her on Tuesday! I can't believe this!!!

Hokie, I just can't wait for you to come and meet your brother and sister! You are going to love them--and I know they will love you! I can't wait to call you by your real name and let everyone know what that is!!! Ha! I can't wait to see who you will look like and hold you. 10 weeks seems like forever, but I know it will go by fast!

This week Hokie is about 16 inches long and weighs about 3 lbs (like a head of cabbage).



2 comments:

Allison said...

I had a friend who wore some sort of velcro belt thing when she was big preg. She said it helped w/the soreness on her lower belly. You should look into that. I think she got it from her chiropractor, but I'm sure you could get one other places.

Jamie said...

Yes, my doctor told me about one. It is quite expensive. If this probably wasn't my last pregnancy, I might be more inclined to get it. I just need to suck it up. :)