Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Bike Ridin'

Kris and I just finished a Dynamic Marriage Class at church.  It was an 8 week class.  We met with 6 other couples, mostly from our Life Group, each Sunday night from 5:00 to 6:30 p.m.  We had homework 6 nights a week that we had to do together.  It was an amazing class and really changed our marriage for the better.  We were able to talk through some things that needed to be talked through, prayed together, and then shared quite a bit with our class.  It really was life changing.  I highly recommend it.

Anyway, one of the things that we talked about was recreational activities.  We do like to do a lot of the same things, but we got to brain storm some things that we could do together as a family.  One thing that came up was bike riding.  So, we decided to go get bikes for ourselves.  The kids have bikes already.  The only problem was what to do with Layton.  We were just going to buy one of those things that you hook up to the back of your bike that a child can ride in.  Well, we didn't have to because one of Kris' coworkers had one that he gave us.  Sweet!  So, I went and got Kris, Layton, and I helmets.


So, we were all set and off we went!!!



I took this picture with my phone while riding my bike.  That's why it is not very good, but you can see our little family riding our bicycles to the park.  Ha!


Layton likes it.


Now it was my turn to give pulling Layton a try.  It is not too hard--if you aren't going up a hill.



Anyway, I think it is going to be fun.  I hope we can go on some good bike rides this summer--maybe even go to the Two Rivers Bridge or the Big Dam Bridge at some point.  We've got to get the big kids to learn to ride without training wheels.  That is a goal for the summer.  We told them they could get new bikes if they'd learn.  We'll see.

Layton and I went for a ride this morning while Lincoln was at school.  This was actually our last morning just the two of us until next fall.  I can't believe it will just be he and I next year.  I plan on doing this quite often then.  It is awesome exercise and a great way to get to the park so Layt can play!


Yay for new hobbies!!!

No comments: