Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Potty Time???

So over the last 2 weeks or so, Layton has been going poo poo in the potty!!!  Yay!!! It all kind of started because one day I noticed that after he finished his lunch and while he was still sitting in his high chair, he looked like he needed to go.  I asked him if he needed to go poo poo and he shook his head yes.  I asked him if he wanted to go sit on the big boy potty and he said yes again.  So, off we went.  I sat beside him and talked to him a bit about going potty and about the shower curtain (because it is so fascinating) and the toilet paper.  I watched him stuff some down in the potty because that is what you are supposed to do, right?  (I then decided to take the roll off and put in on the counter or else he would have kept going and going.)  He wasn't doing anything, but I really thought he needed to.  I decided to go back in the kitchen for a few minutes so I could finish my lunch.  I left the door open where he could see me.  I went back to check on him once and he was doing fine--still hadn't gone.  I went back in the kitchen again and a few minutes later, he yells for me with some excitement.  I rushed back in and asked him if he did it, and he was very proud to shake his head yes and say, "Uh huh!"

I did the potty dance, screamed and shouted, gave him a high-five, clapped, and told him what a big boy he was over and over again.  I think he got that I was excited and proud of him and that he had done something really big!!!  Ha!


After all the excitement died down, I wiped him and then told him to look at his poo poo.  I don't know if this was a good idea or not.  I guess I just thought he needed to see what he had done.  It didn't really dawn on me that he had never really seen this before.


I think it was a bit shocking...


and maybe a bit scary!!!!




Cracked me up!!!  He didn't want to flush the toilet after that.

He has not gone every day, but I would say it has been 5 or 6 times now.  He has gotten better every time.  I usually just leave the room and it may take a time or two, but usually he goes and yells for me.  He has started trying to flush the toilet and even tells the poo poo bye bye!  Ha!  He went again today and even went more while I was sitting in there with him.  He knew what he was doing and knew he needed to go more.  He also pee peed and realized it for the first time too today!!!

Of course, this is very exciting news in our house and I had to tell his Daddy and Mimi and a few friends.  I was kind of giddy.  I'm not going to kid myself and think that this is necessarily "it" and he is on his way to being potty trained.  However, I am going to go with it as much as possible.  It would be SO nice if I could get him potty trained soon.  My grocery budget would benefit greatly from not having to buy diapers or wipes!!

He is such a cutie and I just wanted to remember this monumental occasion with my baby!!!!  :-)


No comments: