Friday, May 25, 2012

Field Trip with Hannah

Last week the boys and I went to Krispy Kreme with Hannah's class one morning.  We actually got there before they did and had a yummy breakfast.







When Hannah got there, we waited outside with her until it was her class's turn to take the doughnut making tour inside.




This picture cracks me up.  The little boy with his arm around Hannah is Owen.  Apparently he got moved to Hannah's class half-way through the year for some reason.  I think he must be a handful.  Anyway, Hannah's teacher sat him next to Hannah in class specifically because she knew that he would not distract Hannah or make Hannah misbehave.  This was quite the compliment to our Hannah and it made me proud.  She has such good behavior at school and I know her teacher appreciates this.  I think she and Owen got along pretty well actually.  She had to put him in his place a time or two she told me.  He would ask for an answer and she told me that she told him she couldn't tell him and that he had to do his own work!


They got to see how the doughnuts are made.  By the way, this field trip was not what they had originally planned to do.  They were supposed to go to Bishop Park and go fishing.  For some reason, this fell through and so Krispy Kreme was where they ended up going.

They all got to hold some dough and play with it and then they saw how they made the filled doughnuts and the chocolate glazed ones.






After doughnuts, we all headed to Mills Park to eat lunch and play.  Lincoln loves to swing.  So glad he can swing himself now.  :)


They played in the sand and had so much fun!




I am so glad that we have gotten to hang out a bit lately with Hannah at school.  Lincoln and Layton have really enjoyed it too.

No comments: