Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!!

This has been a great Mother's Day weekend for me.  Not only did I get to see my sweet Momma from Thursday to Saturday, but my kiddos and Kris were super good to me.  Lincoln came home from school with a potted flower for me on Thursday.  I forgot to take a picture.  Then, on Friday Hannah came home with a sweet note and a really neat cookbook of recipes from her entire class.  She even went straight to her room when she got home and wrapped it up in scrapbook paper for me.  I loved it!




Then, this morning I got a wonderful manicure and pedicure gift card as well as some delicious chocolates from Kris.  Thank you so much!  The kids both got me cards.  Hannah actually wrote me one herself and I have to say it was about the sweetest thing I have ever read.  I wanted to take a picture of it so I would always be sure to have it.  It was most special because it was all from her sweet little heart.
I am one truly blessed Mother and I am so thankful to God for giving me a wonderful husband who is so supportive and three absolutely beautiful, precious children.  Staying home with them has been a dream come true for me and even during the really hard days, I know this is where I was meant to be.  I know that these days will be over before I want them to be.  Therefore, I need to really enjoy them and take in every moment I have while they are with me.  That along with trying my best to teach them to be the kind of people God wants them to be are my goals.  I pray all the time that God will help me!!!

To my Mom and Kris' Mom, thank you for being who you are and for being such amazing examples of Christ to your children.  I know I can speak for Kris in saying that we both are so proud of our mothers and thank God every day for the blessing that you both are to our lives!  Happy Mother's Day!!!!

1 comment:

Mimi & Pappaw said...

Being a mother is such a blessing! No other accomplishment comes close to it. I see so many families going through times that are so hard because of their children. I am so thankful for you, Wes, Jeff, Kris, Hannah, Linc and Layt. God has blessed us!