Thursday, May 31, 2012

Layton is 23 months!

Just one more month and then you are TWO, Layt!  Can't believe it.  You are a busy busy boy these days.  You are into everything and still love to CLIMB!!!  Here you were watching Dash.  You like to do this.  This time you found a stool and I think were trying to open the door.  Luckily, you haven't done it since.  Once you really figure out you can do this and get out, I am in trouble.


You found my Sonic drink one day and helped yourself.


So proud of yourself.

I just love your smile.  It is definitely contagious.  You have the cutest personality and can make some of the funniest faces.  Lincoln and Hannah crack up at some of your faces too!


You still love "beep beeps."  You won't call them cars no matter how hard I try to get you to say it.  You love your riding toys and it is nice to have hardwood floors because you can ride them around the house and love to do it.


This is a pic of you at the Arthritis Family Day having a snack.  You were hungry.  You are still eating pretty well, but are getting a bit more picky.  You still love chicken, pork, steak, green beans, salad, eggs, fruit snacks, and any kind of fruit.  All drinks are called "mal" for milk.  You have had some Capri Suns and Hawaiian Punch bottles and love them!  Popsicles are also a big hit with you now that the weather calls for them so often!  You are not a huge breakfast eater.  I give you quite a variety and haven't really discovered anything that you just love other than scrambled eggs.


You absolutely LOVE your Daddy!!!!  He is pretty crazy about you too!!  You just light up when you see him and will randomly ask about him throughout the day.  You'll say "Daddy?" with that question in your voice and I'll say "Where's Daddy?"  You have learned to say "wor" for work.  You still think that every white suv is your Daddy and scream "Daddy!" when you see one!  I have thoroughly enjoyed watching the two of you and hope you always have a close relationship with your Daddy.

You also love the tractors in this picture.  The blue one was your dad's I think when he was little.  You are constantly asking me to get them down from your chest of drawers so you can play with them.


I am still amazed at how you always want to "help" your Daddy when he is working on something.  He was doing something to our bikes one day and you just had to be right there helping him out with your tools.



You are still not into tv much yet, but I caught this sweet moment between you and Linc one day while he was watching tv.


I still love to find you like this.




You wore this outfit a couple of weeks ago to church.  I had to take your picture because this was Lincoln's outfit too.  Such handsome boys!


Lincoln at about 14 months when it fit him!  He was a big ole boy!!!


You have discovered you love candy and helped yourself to some one day.  You like to help yourself to things!  Ha!  I guess you walked along the counter for a bit to get to the candy cabinet because the chair was   few feet down.  I caught you like this and it scared me, but I had to run and get my camera.  :)



Everyone in my family keeps asking me when you are going to talk more.  You don't say a lot but I can definitely understand you and know what you are thinking most of the time.  A few more words I've been hearing lately are gone, broke, cheese (you say this when smiling for the camera), see or see it (when you wanted to see a picture I took of you on the camera), mine, moon, please, and I know there are more.

You still love to be outside and try to say "outside".  If I ask you if you want to go outside, you run to go get your shoes and bring them to me.  Sometimes you go get them first and bring them to me and say "outside."

You are doing pretty well going poo poo on the potty some.  So, we are just going with the flow with that.  One day prior to when this all started, I was changing a poopy diaper on the changing table.  I showed you Lincoln's underwear and told you that when you learned to go poo poo in the potty, you could wear big boy underwear like Linc.  I told you I'd get you some Elmo ones.  A few minutes later, I found you in Linc's underwear drawer wanting to get to the underwear.  I had to explain again to you about when you could wear them because you were upset and wanted to wear them right then.  A bit later I found you walking around with a big arm full of them saying "mine!"  Ha!!

You are still quite the fit thrower.  I actually had to leave Kohl's one day because you were throwing such a fit and I couldn't get you to calm down.  You wanted your pacy and I didn't have one with me.  Bad Mommy.  You still love your pacy, but we try to only let you have it at nap time or when you are super tired or when I am out shopping and it is just easier for me than to fight you about it.  I don't know when we will try to get rid of it.  I don't even want to think about it right now and that is okay.

You still like to be rocked and sung to a bit before going to bed, but there are some times when you point to your bed because you are just ready to go.  I just cherish those snuggles with you, though, when you let me rock you.  Layton, you are such a bright light in my life right now and I can not thank God enough for the blessing that you are!!!

Layton - 23 months





No comments: