Monday, July 15, 2013

Layton is THREE!!!

 Layton turned three on June 21st, but we actually celebrated it a couple of weeks early at my parents' house.  Here are a few pictures of us all just hanging out after we got there.


Dad's foot was still wrapped up at this point, but he had had the stabilizer thing taken out.  He was extremely glad to get that off and was able to start using a walker to walk around.


Hannah had just gotten her hair cut earlier that day.  She loved her new bob!



Layton is finally able to pedal the tricycle a little now.  His legs are finally long enough!



The next day at lunch we had Layton's party.  He was a little excited!!


We had sub sandwiches outside.


Sweet birthday boy.


I'm THREE!!!



Uncle Wes with a big bite in his mouth.



Love this sweet one of Linc.


I think Hannah was texting a girl friend of Wes'.  Ha!


Layton's cake I made.  He loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  I asked him if he wanted a Thomas cake or a Mickey Mouse cake and he chose Mickey.  This cake was easy to do and I thought it came out cute.  Those are gum balls around the bottom.





Big smiles when we sang "Happy Birthday!"






LOVE!!  Look at Lincoln trying to help!



After cake, he opened his presents.  He was pumped for this and was the cutest thing checking everything out.







Packs of gum from Uncle Jeff!  He is ALWAYS hitting up Jeff for gum.  In fact, the first thing he says every time he sees Jeff is "Jeff, can I have some gum?"  So, Jeff gave him some of his own.




A scooter from Mimi and Pappaw!


Big hugs of thanks!



We looked over and found Layton taking a potty break at one point.  Hilarious.





Now it was time for the big one.  Running to go check it out!


It's....................................................a new car!!!!!!!!!!


He quickly got in and took it for a spin.







I found that car at Target after Christmas marked down from $280 to about $60.  I couldn't resist.  It sat in our garage in the box until his birthday.  He pretty much LOVED it.  Still does, so it was totally worth getting!


We wrapped up the party with a little watermelon.  Yum!!




AND, then the kids had a water fight with Uncle Wes.







I had to take the opportunity to get a few pictures with my parents.  Plus this actually proves that I was there since I am not in any of the other pictures.



The next day at lunch we celebrated Dad's and Wes' birthdays.  We have tons of birthdays in my family in June!!  It is slightly nuts!  My grandmother turned 97 on the 13th as well and Kris' was the 26th.


I still can't believe my baby is 3.  I love him so so much.  He is pure joy to me and I can't imagine our family without him!  Truly a blessing!!

Next up, a post all about Layton at three (haven't done one of those in a while).

No comments: