Tuesday, July 23, 2013

More Summer Fun!

We have checked off quite a few things from our Summer To Do List already!  We are definitely staying busy and the days are just flying by!  We are having lots of fun too!!!

We went back and picked some more blueberries a few weeks ago because I didn't really get all I wanted the first time.  We also picked blackberries this time!  Yum!!  




Lincoln sneaking a few blackberries while he picked!


Mr. Layton ate a whole lot of blackberries.



When he had had his fill, I caught him squishing them in his hands and then wiping his hands on his pants.  Little stinker.


He was an absolute mess!!!


His pants were covered.  I had to strip him down to get him in the car.


We really enjoyed snacking on our berries!!!


I put up quite a bit for later!!  Yay!!


Many days the kids would come home after swimming and have some down time just watching t.v.  This allowed me to try to get a few things done.  This was probably one of the days when we had gone swimming late in the afternoon.  Layton must not have had a nap and so I found him like this in the playroom.


He was OUT!


One day he came and found me, showed me his arms, and said "Mom, someteen on me!"  Ya think?



One of our things to do was wash the cars.  I knew they would get a kick out of this and they did!  They were wet, soapy messes when they were done.


It is a little hard to see, but after washing for awhile, Layton decided to take off his wet clothes and run down the street completely naked.  Silly boy!


We have gone to several of the library programs this summer.  This day we went to see Tommy Terrific the magician.



He is a bit of a goober to me, but all the kids think he is hilarious!


Kris turned 39 at the end of June.  I wanted to do something special for him.  I took the kids up to his office and they helped me write on his car and fill it with balloons!





He was quite surprised!!


That night before church he chose to go to Outback for steak.


We hit up another magician at the library this day.  I liked him a lot better.  Layton laughed and laughed.



We got together with the Tappes and Angie Haustein at the Burchfield's one night while Sarah, Ethan, and Wyatt Smith were in town.  It was good to catch up with them!  The kiddos enjoyed some watermelon and other fruit and played with water guns outside!  They had a big time!



All these ladies are pretty special people!  So glad to know them!


Well, that wraps up a lot of random pictures I had from our summer fun.  Next up, VBS!!!

No comments: