Monday, October 20, 2014

Disney Here We Come!!

We started really planning our trip to Disney back in March.  We knew we wanted to surprise the kids with it, so we had to do it hush-hush so they wouldn't find out.  Since Mom and Dad were going with us, we got 2 rooms and decided to fly.  I spent ALOT of time researching restaurants and things as well as making some things to take with us.  I didn't have to have matching shirts for everyday or anything but I did want to have a few cute ones.  I made these myself.





I knew we'd need somethings to keep the kids occupied on the plane so I decorated these bags to fill with all kinds of things.


The Monday before we left I spent the morning packing since all the kids were at school.  That was a job.


Tuesday morning we woke the kids up at 4:00 a.m. so we could get to the airport for our 6ish flight.  We had hoped they would stay asleep, but that didn't happen.  There were many questions like "What are we doing?" and "Where are we going?"  Lincoln didn't wear much to sleep in the night before so he was complaining about being cold and wasn't too thrilled to have been woken up--hence this picture.


We drove over to Jeff's to pick up Mom and Dad and then they really started wondering.

Note:  In the video, my mom asks Lincoln what he saw the night before when he looked up in the sky.  Layton shouts "a burning ball of gas!" and we all burst out laughing.  The day before he out of the blue told my dad that "a star is a burning ball of gas."  It was hilarious.  I think he had learned it at school that day.  It was the cutest thing.



Once we pulled up to the airport, the plan was that we would park for a minute so we could give them their suitcases which had their bag of goodies in it and they would figure it out.  However, when we got there they didn't have the temporary unloading parking anymore.  So, we had to kind of give them their stuff quickly.  Hannah figured it out once she saw the tag on her suitcase and blurted it out.  Lincoln's questions crack me up.  He was most worried about how long the plane ride would take.  This was his first time to fly, so he was a bit nervous I think initially.  Hannah had flown once when she was in Kindergarten and Layton was only 9 months when he flew.  I was pretty excited about seeing the boys' reaction to the plane ride.  The excitement to see it all through their eyes was pretty great, actually!!  I couldn't believe it was finally time for our trip to Disney World!!!






They all wanted to dump out their bags immediately to check their stuff out.






About to take off!!





We finally arrived in Orlando early that afternoon and took Disney's Magical Express bus over to our resort.



No comments: