Sunday, October 26, 2014

Day 6 - Hollywood Studios

Day 6 was Hollywood Studios.  









I think this area is called Streets of America.  The buildings in the far background are not real but they sure do look it!


 Layton loved seeing Lightning McQueen and Mater.





We ate lunch that day at The 50's Prime Time Cafe.  The fun thing about it is the waiters are supposed to give you a hard time if you don't use your manners.  It had a blast-from-the-past kind of atmosphere and served home cooking style food.






Hannah picked out this doll while we were there.  She was so excited because it was actually 2 dolls in 1.  She had Mimi take her picture.



Some of the shows we went to were the Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Muppet Vision 3D, Beauty and the Beast--Live on Stage, and Disney Junior--Live on Stage.




Beauty and the Beast was really good.  We loved the music and dancing!













Other things we enjoyed this day were playing in the snow at Wandering Oaken's Frozen Snowground, Toy Story Midway Mania, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure, The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow, Walt Disney: One Man's Dream, and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.













 I really enjoyed walking through the gallery and seeing and reading all about Walt Disney.  What an amazing story!!



 I had every intention of riding the Tower of Terror.  I had ridden in once before back when I was a senior in high school.  However, I really wasn't looking forward to it.  Big drops are not my thing.  When we got in line for the ride, they measured Layton to see if he was tall enough.  He was so cute standing up as tall as he could.  He really wanted to ride it and they let him through.  They warned us that they might check him again later though.  Well, we were about to walk onto the ride and they checked him again and said he couldn't ride. Silly.  So, I graciously stepped off with him and let Kris take Hannah and Lincoln.  Ha!

We chose not to ride the Rockin' Roller Coaster because the kids weren't tall enough and Kris and I didn't want to ride it alone.  I was not upset about that one either although I hear this ride is awesome.


This is the picture of them on the ride that I took of the screen afterwards.  There was a better one in the Memory Maker pics.


Pictures with Frozone and Mr. Incredible.






The rest of the pictures are from the Memory Maker.








These next two crack me up.








Hollywood Studios was fun.  We still had some things we didn't get to do.  We spent our last day there again.


No comments: