Saturday, October 25, 2014

Day 5 - Animal Kingdom

Day 5 was Animal Kingdom!


The first thing we did was the Kilimanjaro Safari.  This was the bus we rode.  It felt like we were on a real safari!


This is what we saw!
























We got wet while riding Kali River Rapids!




I chickened out on Expedition Everest, but Kris, Hannah, and Lincoln rode it!



Kris bowed out of Primeval Whirl.  He is not much for rides that spin around.







We ate a quick lunch at Flame Tree Barbeque.  It was pretty good.












In front of the DINOSAUR ride.  I LOVED this ride.  It was the last one we rode of the day and I laughed and laughed.  It was completely in the dark and really jerky.  I got so tickled at everyone's reactions including my own! :-)



The Tree of Life was really cool.  It has over 300 different animal carvings on it.  It also houses the super cute 3D movie called "It's Tough to be a Bug!" in its root system.  The feeling of a bug crawling under you at the end was unexpected and awesome!!









There were two big musicals at Animal Kingdom.  I think the "Festival of the Lion King" was one of my favorite things we saw overall at Disney.  I love musicals and they really did perform!



















Finding Nemo--The Musical was also really good.  They used all kinds of hand puppets so it was really different but fun to watch.






The kids had their pictures made with Rafiki in the Conservation Station.






Then, later we found Pluto and Goofy.







That night we were able to ride the Monorail over to the Polynesian Resort and eat a really nice dinner at Kona Cafe.










The desserts here were so fun!






And finally, here are the Memory Maker pics.











 I think this was Expedition Everest.


Kris' look cracks me up.  Hannah and Lincoln look so calm.












Love these two.  SO glad they went on this trip with us!!!!!


And the DINOSAUR ride ended our day at Animal Kingdom!







No comments: