Friday, June 12, 2015

May's Miscellaneous

May has come and gone and it flew by.  When I look at my calendar of all that went on, my eyes don't know where to look because it is so full.  June is turning out to be the same way.

Anyway, May was full of parties, swim practices, trips to Grandparent's, Mother's Day, working (me), school activities, church activities, and lots of other fun things.

Layton and I ate lunch with our friends Jill and Jae one day.  Jill and I looked over at the kids and it looked like they were sitting together having ice cream on their first date.  ha!


Layton went to his friend Madalyn's birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese one Saturday.  He loves that place.


Lincoln LOVES duct tape.  You never know what he is going to do with it, but if we have any at all around the house, more than likely it won't last long.  His mind is always working.



Dinner out at Chuy's after Life Group one night with most of the crew.  So fun.  We had an awesome waiter that night who gave all the kids tortilla dough to play with while they waited on their food and then free sopapillas at the end.


Swim team practice started for Lincoln this month.  We try to go to 2-3 practices a week.  I can definitely tell his freestyle is better and hope that he can really improve on the breast stroke as well (his choice) this year.





The kids played outside A LOT.  I got to sit outside and read a lot too which I loved.  I read 6 books this month because of this and 2 trips out of town.  That was big for me.  I am loving reading these days.  

Hannah (and her daddy) are loving the Royals too.  She took a picture of herself on Hat Day decked out in her Royals attire.


Hannah also decided, much to my surprise, that she wanted to get her hair cut.  I love it.  She thought the lady cut it a bit shorter than what we said, but it is so cute on her and so much easier to manage. 


Lincoln decided to make a bow and arrow out of sticks and probably more duct tape.  :)


Playing in the rain and shooting brother.


This was some of the boys during Life Group playing cars.  Love the bigs and littles.



Layton is VERY into cars, trucks, and tractors right now.  They are constantly scattered through out the house.


I went to Muffins With Mom one morning at school.  I love this picture.


More swim team practices.


We got our first icees one night after dinner.  I'm sure there will be plenty of these this summer.



Lincoln's mind is still going.  On our way to Kansas City we stopped to eat in Harrison that night.  I looked over at Lincoln and noticed holes in his shirt and his thumbs sticking out of them.  I immediately understood what had happened and had to check myself before I spoke.  While I realized he had completely ruined his shirt, I couldn't help but smile at the reason why.  He was trying to make his shirt be like those running shirts with the thumb holes in them.  Cracks me up.  I did talk with him about destroying his shirt and how that might not have been the thing to do, but I also praised him for his creativity.  Couldn't help it.


The Keim men doing what they love.  Another little Keim taking notes.  No question in my mind he will be just like this one day.


I caught Lincoln admiring himself and flexing in the mirror at Grandma and Grandad's house.  He jumped when I opened the door.  Ha!




Hannah went to her first Tween Retreat at the end of the month.  She had so much fun!



I am so excited that she is now in the Tween group at church and know that it will be a wonderful thing for her.



I was told they stayed up till after 1:00 a.m. the night before and woke up super early.  She fell asleep on the drive home because she was so tired.


This is a picture of Braden taking his turn "teaching" his beatitude.  We are loving watching all the kids do this week by week in Life Group.


I wish I had taken a picture of Layton during the 2 weeks that I got to do a little work outside the home, but some how I didn't.  The last couple of weeks of May I got to use some of my accounting/business skills to help out a friend of ours that has her own paint company.  She has a home office and needed some help for a few days.  I really enjoyed it and it reminded me why I chose business for my career as well.  I haven't worked like this in over 10 years.  It was weird, a little hard, and a lot of fun.  Layton was my buddy on several of these days because he got to go hang out at Ms. Debbie's house and play while I worked.  He was so good for me while I was there!  When I was done helping her out, I do have to say that I had missed my time of being able to do whatever I wanted and not being tied down to a job.  I do think it was good for me, though, because I got a part-time job that will start in the fall.  Things will be really different for me and our family and I guess this little job gave me a taste of what is to come.  I probably needed it.

I love all the miscellaneous times of our lives.  So many memories made.  I really hope my kids love reading about them all one day.  I know I will.

No comments: