Monday, August 15, 2016

First Day of School 2016-2017

I made it through the summer!  Ha!  I can't believe it is time for school to start!  Here they are all ready to go.

Lincoln (4th grade), Layton (Kindergarten), and Hannah (6th grade).



I think Lincoln was excited, but a little nervous about his class.  He got put in the Gifted and Talented Class this year.  I have had him tested 2 years and he has never tested into it.  However, his teacher last year told me that he did really well on the standardized test that he took at the end of last year.  They have to fill the whole class if they don't have enough kids that actually test into the G/T class.  So, Lincoln got put in there this year.  I was excited for him.  I know I am his mom and I am a little bias, but I think he is a very bright, creative little boy and I am happy that he will be in a class where he may get to grow and challenge himself more!  He is a little nervous about all the work.  ;-)


Her first year of Middle School.  She didn't seem nervous at all to me.  She wanted a Vera Bradley backpack this year so we splurged on that and she is still into the big bows.  She is looking so big to me.


Layton seemed excited to go to school the first day.  He was looking forward to seeing some of his preschool friends.  I have to say I did not cry until Kris and I were driving away from the school.  When I let myself think about the fact that the days of just he and I are over, I get sad.  From here on out, he will be away from me more than he is with me and that is hard to bear.  After all, he is still my baby.


Lincoln with his teacher, Mrs. Henard.  She is pregnant and due any day now, so he will have a long term sub for 12 weeks once she has her baby.



Layton with his teacher, Mrs. Kirkley.


This was my first day home with just Ledger.  I can't believe that I just sent 3 off to school, but have one still at home.  I am so glad though.  We are going to have so much fun!!!


No comments: