Friday, August 12, 2016

Ledger at 3 months

I could just eat this little fella up.  He is such a smiley thing.  He is so happy and is really laughing now.  Nursing is getting easier and better.  He eats every 3 1/2 hours for the most part during the day.  At night he is going 8 plus hours between feedings.  Yay!!  He is doing great sleeping in his crib.  We have a routine that I follow.  I read to him if I think he is not too sleepy already.  We rock for a few minutes and I sing to him usually.  Then, I put him down, swaddle him, and put his little soft lovie blanket right up next to his cheek and turn on the mobile.  It plays music for a few minutes and he usually goes right to sleep.  At nap time sometimes I may have to put his pacy back in his mouth a couple of times before he finally gives it up.  He doesn't like when it falls out before he gets asleep, but once he is asleep, he doesn't need it.  At nap time I also try to read to him.  He is starting to like this more and more.

He is probably wearing 6 months clothes and some 6-9 months.  We went up to size 2 diapers.  Ledger loves diaper changes.  He rarely ever cries.  He just looks up at me and smiles and moves his arms and legs.  So happy.

He still likes to take baths and enjoys floating around in the tub with me sometimes.  I can't wait till he can sit up in the tub by himself.

He has found his hands this month.  I have caught him staring at them.  It is so cute.  He is just starting to be able to hold a few toys, but it is still pretty hard for him.  His hands are constantly in his mouth.  Sometimes it is his thumb and sometimes it is other fingers.

He is starting to lose some of his hair and I even caught him pulling at his hair while nursing.  I am anxious to see what color it will be when the new hair comes in.

Ledger is holding his head up well, but is still a little wobbly at times.

People say he looks like Layton.  I still am not sure.  We did find one baby picture of Kris that looks a lot like Ledger.

His nickname is Bubs or Bubby, but I like Bubs.

He is one heavy dude.  The kids are beginning to have a hard time holding him because he weighs so much.

Note:  I weighed him on the 19th (3 months and 1 week) and he weighed 17 lbs 8.2 oz.  He was 14 lbs 8 oz at 2 months!  This is crazy to me!!

He is just so pleasant.  The kids love him so much.  I am unbelievably thankful that we have him.





No comments: