Friday, August 26, 2016

Hannah's First Dance

The first Friday night after school started the middle school had a Back-to-School Dance.  It was a casual dance and Hannah wanted to go.  Hannah's friend, Ashleigh, invited her and several other kids over before the dance for snacks.  Then, her mom took a group of them on over to the dance.  There were no real dates--thank goodness.


That afternoon Hannah asked me if she could take our extra phone with her.  It wasn't charged, though, and so I ended up giving her my phone for the night so she could call when she was ready to come home.  She thought she was big stuff.  I have to say, I loved getting a little sneak peak into what she and her friends were up to.  At one point she and Kris were texting and he asked her if she was ready to come home.  Her reply was "No way.  They're playing my jam!"  Hahaha!!!  I think she had fun.


Ashleigh's mom is an elementary teacher (Lincoln's teacher last year) and so she went and spied on the kids for a minute and sent a couple of pics back.  There were quite a few kids there.  I am not sure how much actual dancing was done though.



I can't believe Hannah is in middle school and that she went to her first dance.  This one was pretty low key.  I am not really looking forward to the ones where boys start asking her.

No comments: