Friday, May 5, 2017

Hannah's End of Year Band Concert

Hannah had her end of the year band concert at the beginning of May.  I still can't get over how big their band is and the fact that they don't even get to practice together until a couple of days prior to the concert and for just a few minutes.  That is crazy to me.  When I was in the band, everyone had the same band period, so we practiced together every day.  Hannah only has band period with half of the trumpets and a few other instruments.  Next year will be a little different I think.  There won't be as many kids and there are more bands.  



I forgot what chair Hannah was during the concert.  Her seat number has fluctuated quite a bit this year.  They have had a bunch of chair tryouts.  One day she will do really well and be high up in the standings and then another time she will be more in the middle of the pack.  She is playing quite well.  We are super proud of her!




Our girl is looking more and more grown up.  I can't get over it.  I love her so much!  I am looking forward to seeing how she does next year.  She made the Concert band.  They have an Honors Band, Symphonic Band, and Concert Band.  The Honors Band is mostly 8th graders.  I guess the other two are 7th and 8th graders.


Here are some of the songs that they played:






No comments: