Friday, May 12, 2017

Ledger at 12 months

Oh my!  My baby is ONE.  It is still so hard for me to believe we have this little guy and now for a whole year.  They just don't stay tiny babies long at all.

At 12 months Ledger has 6 teeth.  He weighed 23 lbs 8 oz (82%) and was 29 3/4 inches long (50%) at his check-up.  He is still slightly overweight according to their calculations, but it is not anything to worry about at this time.  He will get to be more mobile soon and probably take care of some of that sweet chubbiness.  He is wearing 18 month clothes, size 4 diapers, and size 4 shoes.  He still has the most beautiful red hair and dark brown eyes.

At his check-up the doctor thought he was still a little behind on his gross motor skills, but he was still not worried about it.  He is pulling up on things and cruising.  He hasn't taken any steps quite yet though.  He is great with his fine motor skills and his speech.

He can say mama, daddy, bath, bubba, thank you, bye bye, sissy, shoe, and dash.  He got so excited the first time we took Lincoln to swim team practice and he saw the big pool.  He said "Ba" for bath.  He thought it was a big bathtub I guess!  He actually calls any water he sees "ba" for bath.  So funny!

Ledger will dance when I sing certain songs like "The Wheels on the Bus."  Actually, he sways to the music.  It is so cute.  He loves that song for some reason.

He is getting into everything--my kitchen cabinets, books in the book shelves, dvds in drawers, toys everywhere, in the toilets, in the shower, in the pantry, and into his siblings rooms.  

He is becoming a little more picky with his food.  He pretty much eats what we eat now.  He likes scrambled eggs, peanut butter sandwiches, cheese sticks, crackers, animal crackers, just about any fruit you put in front of him, peas, carrots, potatoes (any kind), zucchini, squash, sweet potatoes, and yogurt.  He doesn't seem to care for green beans or any pasta except spaghetti.  He says "Ummm" when he sees food.  He is drinking water from a straw sippy cup mostly.  I will start weaning him off breast milk soon.  As of now, he still nurses 4 times a day.

Ledger's favorite toys are balls.  He loves to throw them back and forth to you.  He still loves books. and will sit in the floor and look at them for quite some time.  I love this!  He loves to get into my cabinets and pull out cups to play with in the kitchen too.  He still loves Bible Class, taking baths, eating, Dash, and remote controls.

He is still sleeping well.  There are occasions when he will wake up and cry out.  Sometimes I don't do anything and he goes back to sleep, and other times I get up and put his pacy back in and he goes right back to sleep as well.  He usually wakes up around 6:00 a.m.  I wish I could get him to sleep longer!  

He loves his siblings, but sometimes doesn't want them to pick him up.  If I am around, he prefers me.  He laughs at them a lot.  They are very helpful too.  They all love him so much and this has been wonderful to watch!

I took this picture sitting in the doctor's office before his one year check-up.  I wonder if he realized he was about to get a bunch of shots!  Ha!  His facial expressions are hilarious.



Ledger at 12 months!!!


I'm ONE!!!




Happy 1st Birthday my precious boy!!!


No comments: