Thursday, November 30, 2017

November Wrap-Up

I have just a few more pictures to wrap up November.  

I saw someone on Facebook who got one of these Turkey on the Tables and thought it was a great idea.  I ordered one and didn't tell the kids what it was but that it was a surprise for them.


It comes with these feathers that you write what you are thankful for on.  Then, you stick them on the turkey and put it on your table.  It would be great table talk ideas as well as reminders.  You can buy more feathers for future years too.  We may use the backs on these first for next year.  It will be fun to keep them over the years and re-read them.  I want my kids to be more grateful.  Hopefully this can help steer us in that direction.


I love to watch The Pioneer Woman show on the Food Network.  I recently watched an episode where she made the prettiest apple tart, so I decided I needed to make one.  It had a caramel sauce to go over the top, but I only put it on mine.  My kids are crazy and don't like caramel.  I thought it was delicious.  Lincoln loves apple pie.  This was no Mimi's apple pie, but it was good.


I borrowed this book from Mom to read and LOVED it.  I highly recommend this one.  I really think we need to read it for our book club.


Thanksgiving Feast at school with Layton.


How to cook a turkey by Layton Keim.


Lincoln's class recently read the book Wonder by R.J. Palacio.  I decided I needed to read it too.  Lincoln loved it, and so did I.  Since the movie just came out, his Reading teacher organized for any kids that wanted to to go watch it.  Lincoln got to go with his friends and the rest of us saw it too.  It was soooo good!!


Layton loves to help me in the kitchen.  He was helping make Turkey Chili.



Up next, December!

No comments: