Wednesday, January 31, 2018

More January

Hannah and clothes shopping.  Oh my.  She has been in dire need of a dress.  One of her friends was having her 13th birthday party at a restaurant, and she said she wanted everyone to dress up nice.  Well, since Hannah didn't have a dress (I have taken her shopping a handful of times for one and she is so picky she never found one.), she finally decided to get serious about finding one.  We went with Sara and Katelynn to look for one one Saturday, and it was so frustrating.  At that point, I was ready to give up.  She ended up going out on the internet and finding this dress on J.C. Penney's website.  We didn't have enough time to have it shipped, so we decided to try to see if they had it in the store.  Fortunately, they did and she loved it!  Hallelujah!!!  


Here she is all dressed up for the party.  I can't get over how grown up she looks!



Hannah finally got to start her guitar lessons this month.  Her teacher is Luke.  She likes him a lot and seems to really be enjoying learning the guitar.  I am so excited for her!


The boys were fascinated by the drum sets in the store.


Three little drummer boys.


Hannah and her friends went to see the new Star Wars movie one night.



Me and my littlest guy.



I love our Life Group.  We have moved up to the building because of our teens.  It is not the same for sure, but I still love to see our kids learning--especially from a really good teacher.  Collin does such a fantastic job with our kids, and we are so blessed to have him as our leader.


Kris and I had the kids this night.  We had to come up with some things to keep them busy while the adults had their study.  We made these cups with the books of the Bible on them.  They had to put them in order.


Then, we played Heads Up 7 Up.



And we wrote sympathy cards to some in our congregation who had recently experienced loss or hardships.


Here are a few pictures from Ashleigh's 13th birthday party that Hannah went to at Copeland's.




The picture on the left popped up as a memory on my Facebook from 2 years ago.  I could not believe how much she has grown and changed in just 2 years.


She and Katelynn took these pictures together.  They are two peas in a pod.


Lincoln got to do Quiz Bowl again this year.  I went to his competition one morning.




They ended up getting third place out of all the Bryant Elementary schools!


This little guy finally couldn't take it anymore and fell asleep.


Layton dressed up as an old man for the 100th day of school.  It is hard to tell, but his hair is gray!


Hannah went to a fun Saturday at the Mid-South Girls Conference in Memphis.  She got to go with all the teen girls from PV.  She was so excited about this and seemed to have the best time!




Jeff had a birthday this month.  I love my baby brother.  I am so glad that we live close to each other and get to celebrate him.


Mom and Dad came up.  Mom made him his favorite apple pie.


Then, we went to eat at Sakura the next night.




The boys are in the middle of basketball right now so our Saturdays are full of games.  Layton's are at 8:00 or 9:00 in the morning and Lincoln's are at 4:00 or 5:00 in the afternoon.






This guy is loving him some Legos these days.




He is also loving climbing into the kitchen table chairs.  Scares me to death that he will fall and hurt himself!


He thinks he is so big!


He is quite the puzzle worker.  He loves to work them over and over again.


We tried to play with Playdoh for the first time.



He still LOVES to read books.  Oh my goodness, this makes my heart so happy!





When he can get his hands on my mop, he does and he mops my floor for me.


What a full month we had in January!  Lots of things going on!  Lots of memories made!

No comments: