Thursday, October 11, 2018

Front Seat Thoughts

I had a moment today I want to remember.

I pick Layton up at 3:00 from school and then drive over to get Hannah and Lincoln.  I usually have about 20 minutes or so to just sit in the car and wait before they get out at 3:30.  Usually I park and read or look at my phone while Layton is in the back seat climbing all over the place--basically bouncing off the walls driving me CRAZY!  Today I had the amazing idea of letting him sit in the front seat by me while we waited.  We talked.  He was calm.  I got to see into his little mind a bit and I was just struck by how awesome it was.  Why oh why have I not stopped and used these moments like this before?  Ugh.  It sounds so simple and I feel so stupid for not thinking of it before.  It is just so easy to get wrapped up in myself sometimes thinking that I need those minutes FOR ME when in reality my son needs those minutes FROM ME more.  Grateful that for whatever reason I had that idea today, and I am looking forward to more time in the front seat with my Layton.


No comments: