Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Birthday Party

I like to do themes for parties, if possible. Since Lincoln LOVES balls, I decided to do a ball theme for his first birthday. My parents and brother, Jeff, were here for his party on Saturday. Kris grilled some yummy hamburgers for lunch. We decorated with balls and balloons and I made a baseball cake. It was hilarious watching Hannah open ALL of Linc's presents! He got some cool new clothes from Uncle Wes and Tandy, some great new walking shoes from my parents, a stuffed dinosaur, some books, and a few little toys. It was a great party!

"Hey, what are you doing? That's my present, Hannah."

"Gimme that!"

"I guess I'll just have to TAKE IT then!"

"Let's see....what's in here."

"I'll just get me a handful."

"I'll just take me a bite..."

"GROSS!!!! What is this stuff???"

As you can tell, Lincoln DID NOT like his cake. So, Daddy decided to smear it all over him!

Time to clean up, so Lincoln gets a bath! Yeah!!!
What a big boy in his new clothes and shoes! His shirt says, "What a Hoot". He sure is one!

3 comments:

Jill said...

What great pictures, and you did fantastic on his cake! Seeing the pictures of Lincoln and Hannah makes me think of mine at those ages. The time does fly so enjoy every second! Next month Brock will be 5, and he will start to school in the fall. Somehow, the second child seems to grow up faster. My two are still the best of friends and love playing together. There is nothing sweeter than to see how excited Brock gets when we pick Claire up from school. You are in store for many more priceless memories and I know that you will cherish them all as much as I do mine.

kristen g. said...

That cake is fantastic! I can't do cake-decorating...cupcakes with sprinkles is about as good as it gets at my house.
I love how Lincoln does NOT want to eat it though! Kris did a nice job decorating his face with the frosting :)
Looks like you had a Happy birthday Lincoln!

Little Rock Real Estate said...

That is so fun. Can't believe he is one already. Such a little cutie.

Shelly