Monday, January 28, 2008

Good-bye to an old friend!


Just over 2 weeks ago, Hannah decided to give up her pacifier--all by herself!!! One Friday night she said, "I don't need my paci tonight." I was like OKAY!!!! When it was time for her to go to bed, though, I actually secretly stuck it in my pocket because I just knew she would ask for it and insist on having it. To my utmost surprise, she did not even mention it and slept all night without a peep!!!! The next day she asked for it for her nap. I just kind of blew her off and simply said, "But you didn't even need it last night." Now, that day she did not end up actually sleeping during nap time, but she did stay in her room for a while. The next night she woke up once, kind of out-of-it, never said anything, and went back to sleep just fine. We have an occasional day where she doesn't take a nap, but most days she still does! Hallelujah!!!

Anyway, this is a big milestone for her. She was very attached to her paci. She is really growing up. She's pretty much mastered the potty training (we still have a few accidents every once in a while) and has even began to take her naps with her panties on instead of a pull-up. She is just becoming such a big girl! Here's my big girl taking her nap without her old friend, paci.


No comments: