Friday, November 5, 2010

Last Soccer Game

Well, Hannah's soccer season ended last Saturday. I think she was glad. She told me today that she was glad she didn't have a soccer game tomorrow. I asked her why and she said because it was too hard. Soccer is hard. It is a very strenuous game. I am glad she played though. I think it was good for her.

Kris was a GREAT coach! Here he is at the beginning of the game pumping up the kids!

Several of our games were really hot and kind of miserable for some of the kids. Hannah had a hard time during these games. This last one was actually cold. Layton stayed in his car seat most of the time to keep warm.


Hannah could really dribble the ball down the field. I think she scored 3 goals total.

Kris was so patient and encouraging with the kids.

Soccer is definitely great exercise!

Lincoln went off by himself for a bit and was kicking the ball around.

I can't wait for him to play--hopefully in the spring!

Hannah wanted to hold Layton while she cheered on her team.

This was after the game was over. Kris sat all the kids down and reminded them of the three goals that they had at the beginning of the season:
1. To learn a few soccer skills
2. To learn to play well together.
3. To have fun!!
I really think they did all three which made for a successful season!!
They all got medals at the end. This is Gabriel getting his. He had so much energy and was a great little player.

Here's Carter. He was the cutest thing to watch. At the start of the season, he would just cry and didn't want to play. Kris just went over and picked him up and carried him around a bit on the field. According to his parents, this was just what Carter needed. By the end of the season, he was running and playing and having a blast.

Cameron. He is so tall! I bet he's going to be a real athlete one day.

Hannah getting her medal. I didn't get a picture of Destiny for some reason and another little boy didn't show up.

The whole team! I really enjoyed getting to know these kiddos parents too.

See, we had so much fun!

Well, Hannah, soccer may or may not be your thing. I'm just glad you got to experience it and that you had fun!



No comments: