Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Whirlwind

Three kids are a lot of work--especially since Hannah started school this year. Our schedule has been crazy. We wake the kids up at 6:30 a.m. for breakfast. I get 3 kids dressed and ready to go by 7:30. After taking Hannah to school, I either take Lincoln to school, depending on the day of the week, or head home or run errands. It seems like no time and it is time to pick Lincoln up and to eat lunch. After lunch I usually battle with Lincoln over taking a nap. Somedays I win and somedays he wins. Then, I usually have to wake both boys up to go get Hannah around 3:30.

When we get home, we HAVE to have a snack of course. After that it is either a little tv time (down time which Hannah needs!) or the kids find something to play with for a while. I try to fix supper and have it ready by 6:00 p.m. After that is bath time and before we know it, it is 8:00 and time for bed. We are all exhausted.

Some nights I have Bunko or a bible study or another bunko (I'm in 2 groups) or a PTO meeting or there's a school function or Life Group. Between all that and trying to keep 5 peoples' clothes washed, dishes washed, and the house picked up, life just sometimes seems like a whirlwind.

I have really been thinking alot lately about how fast time is going by. I am about to have ANOTHER birthday. I have a kindergartener. Lincoln is almost FOUR. Layton is almost half way through his first year (unbelievable). Days just seem to get shorter and shorter and go by faster and faster. I feel like I can barely keep up. And yes, I know it is going to get worse.

"What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." James 4:14

What I am trying to do and need to work harder on is stopping in the midst of this whirlwind, to realize the blessings of this life. Here are three of the biggest blessings in my life.
















What better way to remember than by pictures. I can capture those moments that I never want to forget. I can slow the whirlwind down--for a minute at least.

2 comments:

Jessica Harriman said...

You're doing a great job Jamie! I know you are the best Mommy! And thank you so much for my sweet note. I really appreciate it! When I got it I thought, "Wow, how does she have time to do that?" Ha!

Matt and Rachel said...

Such a wonderful post! I feel the same way....somedays I just want time to STOP so I can take in those everyday moments that I know I'll miss one day.

We'll be in LR this weekend & hopefully we'll see you all. :)