Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Our Barracuda

Lincoln joined the Bryant Barracudas swim team this year.  Practices started in May and then the meets were in June and July.  Most weeks he would practice 3 or 4 times.  I think it was really good for him.  

He started out in the beginner group because it was his first time on the team.  They went over mostly the freestyle and back strokes.  It wasn't too long before he got moved up to the next group where he was swimming farther in practice and working on the breast stroke and butterfly as well.

Here are some pics and a video of him practicing.


This video was of him doing the medley.  He has a hard time with the backstroke!



We went to 3 meets.  The first one was absolutely overwhelming.  There were so many people and no one was really explaining anything to us.  At one point I was in tears out of frustration because I couldn't find Lincoln anywhere and then found out that they had put him in a relay at the last minute and we didn't even see him do it.  The only race he would do was the freestyle.  That first meet I was so proud of him.  He came in first in his heat. :-)

These pics are from the second meet at Bryant.  This is him warming up.  He has on the blue and white goggles.





Diving in.



At the first meet I tried to get his freestyle on video but my camera froze up on me and I missed it.  At the last meet I used my phone.  I must have hit a button by mistake while I was taping him because I didn't get it either.  I was so disappointed.  At the last meet he actually bettered his time by 4 seconds.  We were so proud of him.








This was his first individual freestyle at Bryant.  Sorry for the screaming.  I get a little excited.  I was worried at the beginning because he was slightly late on his dive in and I thought that that would hurt him.  But he ended up doing great!  He is the fourth one over from where I was filming.




This is him in the 100 freestyle relay.  He was the last leg and his team was way behind.  That is why no one is swimming with him.  :-)





I loved watching all the swimmers at the meets.  I hope Lincoln will stick with this because I think he could do well.

This is a picture of the team.  Lincoln is towards the bottom right hand side on the steps.






No comments: