Wednesday, March 10, 2010

1st time consigning

For the last several years, I have really enjoyed going to all the consignment sales we have around here. I think they are so fun and I love getting a good deal! This year I needed to clean out our attic of some of our girl clothes and stuff so I decided to consign for the first time ever. Oh was it hard for me to let go of some of these precious girl clothes! It was a lot of work on the front end with the ironing, pricing, entering on the computer, tagging, and taking it to the sale, but it was DEFINITELY worth it to me!!

This was all the stuff I consigned: diaper bags, shoes (over 30 pairs), socks, onesies, burp cloths, receiving blankets, blankets, clothes from newborn to 4T, and both my kids baby bedding sets. There were about 169 items total.






The exciting thing about it all to me was that I made about $440!!! I think I had 40 something items that didn't sell and I'm going to put them in another sale along with some of my old maturnity clothes. So, hopefully I can make a little bit more money. I used most of this money to buy the boys' new bedding, but will have some to put on the furniture as well.

To top it off, I made some good purchases at the sale too! I got a sit and stand stroller for $65. I think this will come in handy when the baby gets here especially since Lincoln can be such a handful in public sometimes! I bought the kids some clothes too--mostly church clothes. Here are some fun pics of them in their "new" clothes!














No comments: