Monday, March 29, 2010

Trip to Memphis

This past weekend we went to Memphis to visit the Blands. On Saturday morning we went and ate doughnuts at a very popular Memphis doughnut shop called Gibsons. It was yummy!! Then we all went to the zoo. Here are some of my favorite pictures from there.

This guy was just pacing back and forth and looking at us. It was kind of creepy.

Benson and Hannah--still buddies.

Mr. Mess and his Daddy.

Ride em cowboy. He really needed his boots. He was not very happy with me that I didn't let him wear them that day. Somehow I've got to get him to want to wear shoes that are for summer. I don't really want him to wear shorts and his boots although that would be his first choice!

Everyone sitting down to watch the sea lion show.


We all rode the train. It was kind of funny because about half way through the ride, it ran out of gas. That wouldn't have mattered so much, except that Lincoln had told us he needed to go potty as soon as we sat down on the train. We had to really encourage him to hold it tight until after the ride. Luckily he did it and we didn't have any accidents!



Sweet Benson was getting tired.

This girl really knows how to pose!

Sloane was so good the whole time we were there. She is such a great baby. Love how she and Hannah were holding hands.

My favorite thing at the zoo were the polar bears. They were swimming around right up by the glass for everyone to see. It was so cool to watch these big ole bears! The kids were fascinated by them as well!




We used my new sit-and-stand double stroller that I got at Rhea Lana for the first time on this trip. It was great! One kid (or two) could stand or sit in the back and the other one (the one who needed to be tied down) could sit up front. Loved it!

I was trying hard to get at least one picture with my kiddos (since I am the one always behind the camera). Didn't realize that I was really squashing my belly in the process.



This picture cracks me up! Look closely at Lincoln's face. When I saw it, I thought "this face totally depicts Lincoln's behavior all weekend long." He was such a BEAR!!!! Funny this was taken at the grizzly bear exhibit. Maybe we should have left him there! Just kidding! But he really was a mess. Never seen a child with more energy.

Benson leaning in giving Hannah a kiss.



More sweet hand holding!

Thanks Nathan and Jennifer for such a fun weekend. We loved catching up with you guys and look forward to the next time!


No comments: