Monday, April 2, 2012

A Fence for Dash

A couple of weekends ago (that's how far behind on my blog I am--again), Kris worked on another little backyard project.  This one was for Dash.  Since he has such a hard time staying off of Layton and the kids while they are trying to play, we decided to build him a little fenced-in area so he could be put up if we needed him to be.  I am so thankful for this as it makes my life easier and Layton's play time a lot better too.  

I guess Layton really wanted to help his Daddy because he was trying so hard to hammer him some nails.  It was the cutest thing.  He was hammering them into the dirt.  :)

Seriously, I hope I have me some handy boys on my hands one day--like their Daddy!

We all had a great time just being out in the yard together.  The kids played while I helped Kris hold the boards while he nailed them up.  The weather was gorgeous too.
I am just loving our back yard.  We have worked so hard on it and while it still seems to stay wet for a bit after a good rain, I think it is so much better than it was before Kris did all the work on it he did last year.

Dash is a mess.  He loves to play fetch and he and I do this quite a bit.  He is really good at bringing his bone back to me and gets so excited for me to throw it again.
I have to say that I probably give him the most attention out of everyone.  I am disappointed by this.  I thought the kids would be more into him, but hopefully as he calms down more and more, they will be able to enjoy him more.  For now, he is kind of my buddy.  I have always been a dog lover anyways. :)


Our kids love to play in the dirt.  They pretend like they are cooking things and making soups and stuff.  This reminds me so much of my brothers and I when we were kids.  I hope they are making some great memories like I did. I just love it!




Love this picture of my boys!!!!
My silly Hannah!
I am loving these times together as a family.  Makes me so happy and feel so blessed!

1 comment:

kristen g. said...

You have the best yard!! My kids are going to be crazy when they see what they've been missing. We are so ready to be done with our driveway play time :)
Layton hammering is the cutest!!