Friday, April 20, 2012

A New Trick

The other night as I was getting ready to put the boys to bed, I saw Layton do this.  (Go through all the pictures.)









It was just so funny to me and shocked me that he is big enough to figure this out and do it all by himself.  I called Kris back so he could see him do it and we both just laughed.  It made me realize how big he is getting.  He is almost TWO!!!  Of course, he wanted to do it over and over again.

He would get stuck at this point and start calling me to come help him if I'm not in the room.  He was a bit afraid of dropping all the way to the floor.  I know it won't be long before he can do it himself though.
This new trick of his just got me thinking.  I LOVE watching my kids figuring something out or doing something new--all by themselves.  I love to watch their wheels turning and then see the look of pride in their eyes when they have that sense of accomplishment--like when they write their own story/book, hit or catch a ball really well, build something using their imagination, write a note to someone just because they want to, etc.  I know there will be more and more of these experiences as they grow.  What a blessing to watch these moments.  Thank you God!!!



1 comment:

Mike & Leanne said...

That is hilarious!!! So glad you caught him in the act. And he is definitely proud of himself! Such a cutie!!!