Monday, April 9, 2012

Spring Break

For Spring Break this year we had big plans to head to Texarkana Friday evening after Hannah got out of school and stay until about Wednesday (the kids and I, that is, Kris was going to have to go back on Sunday).  I was looking forward to a much needed haircut by Amy and was excited to see my parents and let the kids play and ride their bikes.  However, leading up to that Friday night we had all had an awful virus for about 5 days.  We just couldn't seem to get over it.  At the last minute we decided to not go to Texarkana so we would not infect my family.  We were bummed, but just planned to all go (including both my brothers) Easter weekend instead.

So, that meant I had to come up with some things to do with the kids that week since we would be at home.  By Sunday we were all feeling better.  Tuesday we went to see The Lorax 3-D with Stacey, Kenzie, and Karly.

This was Layton's first 3-D movie experience.  I didn't know what to expect.  He is really not into television yet either.  I was pleasantly surprised, though.  He did great!  He pretty much watched it for about an hour.  Then, he wanted to get down, but still did okay.  We had a great time!

When we arrived to see The Lorax, I learned that they were showing The Dolphin Tale movie the next day for free.  I couldn't pass up the fact that it was FREE.  So, we invited a bunch of our friends and headed back the next day to watch The Dolphin Tale.  I thought it was a great movie.  Layton didn't do quite as well in this one--probably because it wasn't a cartoon and wasn't in 3-D.  I had to stand up with him by the door, but got to watch the whole movie, so it wasn't too bad.


Thursday afternoon we all headed to Odessa to visit Grandma and Grandad!  We were all excited to see them because it had been since Christmas, I think.  Every time I'd ask Layton if he was ready to go see Grandma and Grandad, his arms would shoot up in the air like he was ready to go and he would squeal with excitement!

Friday Hannah and Lincoln helped Grandma make some little Jello jelly beans.




The rest of the day we just hung out and that night we played cards.  On Friday cousin Isabelle and Uncle Kurt and Aunt Alexis came over for lunch.  The kids had a little Easter egg hunt in the front yard.






This picture is mainly for my Dad.  This is Lyle's new hay baler.
The kids dyed and decorated eggs that afternoon.





We also played in the yard.
The boys played catch and a little T-ball.  We bribed Lincoln with a penny for every ball he caught.  Makes him want to pay closer attention. :-)



This was a prayer that Hannah wrote about my Mama Cille.  I have no idea what made her think to do this, but, anyway, it was so sweet.  This is what it said:

Dear God, please help my mama seal to stay safe in Heven.  Help her to eat good foods and drink good water.  And some day can you let me see her?  Help her have a good life.  When I die can I see her family.  I have been reading the bible every night.  I hope your son, Jesus keepes healing peple.
Jesus name. Aman.


Is that not the sweetest thing???  She is something.
After the T-ball playing, Grandad got an idea.  I think first he was just pulling one kid in a wagon, but it just kept growing and growing!
They thought this was awesome!!!

Later on Aunt Mona, Uncle Rick, Aaron, and Austin came over for supper.  Aunt Mona always brings the kids goodies.  She is so great!  The boys got some little fishing poles, KC Royals t-shirts, a little ball dart game, and beach pail and shovel.  The girls got a bracelet making set, a bra and a pair of panties.  What????  I was a little shocked by this.  Hannah thought it was so funny.  We definitely won't be wearing it for a while though!!!!

Isabelle spent the night that night and those girls had so much fun together.  We did their nails and they just played.  They slept in the same bed and had to be told a time or two to go to sleep!
Sunday morning we went to church and then left to come home after lunch.  I just had to take a picture of Layton in his sweater vest.  I thought he was just so cute!

We always have so much fun at Grandma and Grandad's!  I'm so glad we got to go for a visit on our Spring Break!

No comments: