Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Fourth of July Weekend

Fourth of July weekend this year we actually got to stay home.  We were supposed to go to St. Louis to visit Les and Carol and spend time with the rest of Kris' family.  However, Ledger had croup, so we didn't get to go.  I hated that we missed out seeing all of them, but it was nice to just be home for a few days.

The kids played in the garage in a big box for a while as Kris prepped our doors to be painted.


Silly boy with a mohawk.


We made slime.






I got festive and made flag pizzas.


Then, we made red and blue taffy.  The kids really enjoyed this and it tasted yummy.  I had trouble with my candy thermometer and ended up cooking it too long.  They were a little too hard to pull.  Next time I will have a better thermometer and hopefully it will be easier and more fun to pull!






We wrapped each piece in wax paper and enjoyed them for several days!






My kids all love fruit so I knew they would be all over these treats and they were!


The boys helped Kris do a little door sanding.  I LOVE that they (especially Layton) enjoy learning this type of thing from their Daddy!



He painted all three outside doors.  Here is the front one!





No comments: