Monday, February 11, 2008

Full House

Today I had a full house! A couple of weeks ago I decided that I wanted to host a playdate at my house for all the mommies and their little ones in my Sunday morning Bible class at church. Back when our class first started having babies three years or so ago, one of our teachers' wives, Angie, had some of us new moms over for lunch. Hannah was not quite a month old yet.

Here we are at the first "mommy lunch"-- myself and Hannah, Rachel T. and Nathan, Carmen C. and Ava, Stacey S. and Kenzie, and Rachel W. and Madeleine.


We met pretty regularly for a while, rotating houses every month. The babies would lie down or sit on the floor and the moms got to really get in some good talking! Here are Hannah and Madeleine when Hannah was 5 months old. Aren't they cute!!!

Look at them now! Still good little friends! (They had so much fun together today.)

So, today there were 11 mommies and 14 kids at my house!!! (Stacey and her 2 girls had already left when we took this picture.) There were 9 little boys ranging in age from 6 months to 17 months and 5 little girls ranging from 3 months to 3 1/2 years. Needless to say, it was CRAZY at my house!



Most of our time was spent watching all the little ones crawl all over the living room floor and keeping the girls from making each other cry back in Hannah's room. Hopefully there was some good adult conversation while we ate frito pie!

Here are Lincoln, Ella T., and Eric D. sitting sweetly (preoccupied with their toys).

Enter Christopher A., Ethan G, and Elijah B.

Here comes Carter B. and Harrison W.

Poor Jackson B. was not liking the situation at all!

Neither was Ethan, but Lincoln was just chillin out chewing on a pen!

Okay, so here they all are: Carter, Jackson, Ethan, Lincoln, Jack, Eric, and Elijah. I love this picture! I can't wait to show it to Lincoln when he gets older!

What a great time! I hope everyone had fun! We missed those who couldn't come. Hopefully, we will do it again SOON!

2 comments:

kristen g. said...

Aww, how FUN was that? It's pretty neat that I know about half of those girls too! What a cute bunch.

Matt and Rachel said...

WOW! We've come a long way -- it seems FOREVER since we had that first lunch. Look how much the girls have changed! I'm so glad you posted the "old" pictures along with the new! We had a great time -- Madeleine's talked about "Hannah's house" all day! Thanks for including us!