Friday, February 29, 2008

Spring Cleaning 101

Okay, so I am a clean/neat freak. I know I am. I like a clean house. I've gotten in the spring cleaning mood the last few days and decided to get busy cleaning the house from top to bottom. I am big on making lists because I love to check things off when they are done. I guess it gives me a sense of accomplishment. So, I sat down and made my VERY specific list of all that I'd like to do to get the house spic-n-span. Believe it or not, I came up with about 101 things to do. (I'm such a dork!) I decided not to list them all here because I know people are probably not that interested, but here are a few just to give you an idea of what I mean.

Clean out pantry.
Clean behind washer and dryer.
Clean/dust tops of kitchen cabinets.
Clean inside and outside of kitchen cabinets.
Clean windows inside and outside.
Clean baseboards in each room.
Wash curtains in each room.
Clean fans in each room.
Clean out closets in each room.
Organize dresser drawers.
Clean blinds in each room.
Rotate mattresses.

Fun stuff, huh? I've done 7 of the 101 things on my list. I'd love to get it all done by May. I guess there are a couple of reasons for trying to tackle such a big job. Besides the house just needing a good, deep cleaning, I'd like to get things together for a possible garage sale. Secondly, Kris and I would like to move at some point, so this may help when we try to sell the house eventually. Kris thinks I'm doing this so he'll get more serious about moving. Well, maybe. I guess. I'm ready for a bigger house!

Well, Hannah has to do what I do, of course. So, I put her to work yesterday with me as I was cleaning the kitchen cabinets.

I know this is going to be a big challenge, especially since I have TWO very messy little ones! Here's Lincoln playing in Hannah's closet, getting out whatever he could.
I don't know. Maybe I'll keep you posted on my spring cleaning progress--and then again, maybe I won't!!!

3 comments:

Matt and Rachel said...

I guess being stuck in the house just makes you see all of the stuff that need to be done! :) I've actually done SEVERAL of the things you listed this week, too. But, I've given up on my house ever being completely picked-up -- that only happens for a couple of hours at night when everyone's in bed! Ha!

Shannon said...

Come be a neat freak at my house!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm a neat freak, too. I just don't have alot of time because of that job of mine! I'm jealous! :)

Hilari