Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Lincoln is 13 months!

Wow! This has been a fun month with Lincoln! It seems like he has started doing so much. He has gotten a lot better at walking. It is SO cute to see him toddle around the house from room to room. He is still very wobbly. Sometimes I laugh because it looks like he is walking around drunk. I can tell he is enjoying the freedom that walking has given him. He has also started trying to climb on things alot more. Here he is yesterday climbing.



He has also started saying a lot more words. He is definitely not as clear speaking as Hannah always was, but I am able to understand what he is trying to say. He can say "Ca Ca" for cracker, "Maaa" for milk, and "JJJJa" for juice. He can say "Nana" for banana. He loves bananas. When he sees them he starts screaming "Nana Nana." Sometimes when he is really hungry and is waiting for me to give him his food, he shouts "Nana Nana!" It is cute!

Lincoln really likes socks and shoes. He tries to say sock ("ssssaw") and shoe ("shhhh"). He likes pictures of babies. Whenever he sees one, whether in a book or one of the many pictures of the kids we have in the house, he says, "BaBa" for baby. I think he says "no" sometimes, especially when he is about to get something that he knows he's not supposed to have. It is funny because he'll look at me and shake his head no! He seems to like frogs. Everytime he goes into his bathroom and sees all the frogs, he gets really excited and says "dog" or something like it. The other day we were at the Bittles and he saw a big bag of dog food that they had with a picture of a dog on it. He pointed and said, "dog." It is neat to hear him trying so hard to communicate with us!

He has gotten 2 more teeth--the top 2 molars. So, he now has 10 teeth. He may be on the verge of getting some more. His appetite is changing. He seems to be getting more picky. If he doesn't want something he will either throw it on the floor or shake his head no.

Lincoln is still my cuddle bug. I love his sweet hugs and kisses. I love how he says "Mama" all the time. It is the sweetest sound! He gets excited when his Daddy gets home from work. He goes to the door as fast as he can saying "DaDa!"

This has got to be one of my favorite stages. I know the terrible twos are probably just around the corner. So, I am soaking in all these precious times with my precious Lincoln!



Here he was trying so hard to fit the Bert/Ernie ball in the box. He worked at it for several minutes.

1 comment:

Danny said...

Linclon sure looks like Chris.

Alls I can say is it is a good thing that Hannah favors you, Jamie! :)