Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I've been tagged...twice

TAG #1:

Here are the instructions: Pick up the nearest book with at least 123 pages. Find page 123. Find the first five sentences. Post the next three sentences. Tag five people.

Here we go: "When he lowers his head, clenches his fists, and makes it clear he is going for broke, justice must speak swiftly and eloquently. This response does not create aggression in children, but it does help them control their impulses and live in harmony with various forms of benevolent authority throughout life.

There is another reason I believe the proper use of corporal punishment is in the best interest of children."

Does that grab your attention??? If so, check out The New Strong-Willed Child by Dr. James Dobson!

I now tag Rachel, Shelly, Jennifer, Kelly, and Dixie.

TAG #2:

The Rules: Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. Share 5 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog. or Share the 5 top places on your “want to see or want to see again” list. or Share 5 things you never pictured being in your future when your were 25 years old. Tag a minimum of 5, maximum of 10 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. The tagees have a choice of which they want to do.

Five Random/Weird Facts About Me:

1. I'm TERRIFIED of tornadoes! Just last night I woke up because it was hailing outside. To me, hail goes along with tornadoes. So, I had to get up and turn on the tv to see if there was any bad weather coming our way. Luckily there was not. I have to say that after last weeks devasting tornadoes in Arkansas, I am even more terrified. It took me a while to reassure myself that it was okay to go back to sleep. Kris laughs at me all the time because at the first sign of bad weather, I want to pull a mattress into the hall.

2. I sucked my thumb until I was like in the fourth grade or something. I'm not sure exactly how long, but it was bad!!! Because of this, my two front teeth were extremely horrible looking buck teeth. I eventually got braces (thanks mom and dad) that completely corrected the problem. I guess the weird fact about me is that I still have the before and after molds of my mouth. I can't bear to throw them away. Weird, I know.

3. I love watching American Idol. I think it is because I secretly wish that I could sing well enough to be on the show. I love to sing and love to watch others sing.

4. I've only had two jobs in my life. My first job was working at the local movie theater back home. This was the best job ever! I got to eat all the popcorn and drink all the coke I wanted, watch movies for free, and work with people mostly my age at the time (college) and goof off. It was great! My other job was working for alltel right out of college. I worked there for 5 years. It was also a great job.

5. I've ALWAYS known I wanted to be a stay-at-home mom ever since I was little. I am living my dream--thanks to my wonderful husband.

On this one, I tag Amanda, Jill, Julie, Cortney, and JoEllyn.

Have fun!

No comments: