Saturday, December 31, 2011

Annual Cooking Decorating Party!

Carrie, Leanne, and I had our annual cookie decorating party last week.  We have done this together for several years now and I think we all look forward to it!  We rotate houses and this year it was my turn to host.  I made all the cookies, Leanne made some Royal icing, and Carrie brought lots of sprinkles and some paint brushes.  I actually made the regular recipe of sugar cookie and also tried a Spiced Sugar Cookie recipe that I saw in a Better Homes and Gardens magazine.  They had cinnamon and nutmeg in them and they were awesome!!!  I will definitely be making them again.

We let the kids decorate first!  This was Layton and Lucy's first year to really get to do it.  Layton wasn't that interested.  He is so funny.  He didn't like it getting all over him and he wouldn't eat it.  Weird!!!
"This stuff is sticky, Mom!!  Get it off!!"
Of my kids, Hannah definitely got into the decorating the most.  She did quite a few cookies.
Eden was really good at it too.  She is the cutest thing sitting so sweetly decorating her cookie!
Lincoln did a few cookies, tried some out, and then was ready to go play.  Ha!
Jack was a pretty serious decorator--until he went to play with Lincoln!
Sweet Lucy!  We lost count at how many cookies she ate!  She kept sneaking them.  :-)




I really loved using the Royal icing that Leanne made.  I thought it was yummy, and it was so much fun to decorate with.
Later, Layton decided he wanted to taste the sprinkles.
 I made potato soup for everyone for lunch.  Layton loves it.  He licked his bowl clean.
 My kiddos' finished cookies!
 My cookies!  Oh yes, I probably was the one out of my clan that enjoyed it the most.  It was so much fun!  Thanks friends for sharing this time with us and making these sweet memories!

 

No comments: