Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas at Mimi and Pappaw's!

The weekend before Christmas we went to Mimi and Pappaw's to celebrate with my family.  We opened presents that Saturday afternoon.  I got a couple of pics of the kids before we started.

Uncle Wes playing with Layt.
I was kind of surprised.  Layton was not really into opening his presents.  We pretty much had to do it for him.  He liked what he saw/got, but didn't care to rip into them.  Mimi and Pappaw got him a cute giraffe riding toy that will stay there for him to play with.
He got a Cookie Monster that talks and eats cookies from Uncle Jeff and a broom that sings when you sweep with it.  He likes to sweep!

Uncle Wes got him a talking Winnie the Pooh.
Lincoln was so much fun to watch open his presents.  He was super excited and loved everything.  He got lots of Transformers.

Some Thundercat figurines and a Thundercat sword.  He loved that sword!
A Hex bug.

Mimi made Hannah a special doll.  It is to sit on her bed.  Thank you, Mimi, for making this for Hannah!!
She also got a new Sunday dress,
A barbie,
Rapunzel,
and a Cabbage Patch doll!
Uncle Jeff opening a gift.
I got a necklace, some gift cards, and money which I plan to use to buy some new running shoes.
One of the things we got Mimi was a little devotional book.  I got one for me as well and I told her that I wanted us to read it at the same time so we can talk about what we have read.  I love my Momma and I am looking forward to this!

Pappaw surprised Mimi big time with a really nice sapphire earring and necklace set.  Sapphire is her birthstone.  He also got her a diamond necklace too.  She really was shocked!



Pappaw got some much needed tennis shoes from Jeff.  He and Mimi have joined a gym and are working out.  I think this is just great.  He really needed these shoes as I think he was working out in his boots he wears to work!  Ha!  (Sorry Dad.  Had to say it!)
And finally, we gave Mimi and Pappaw the picture of the kids I made.  Mimi's big smile told me she liked it!!
Thanks Mimi and Pappaw, Uncle Wes, and Uncle Jeff!  We loved everything, but most of all, being with you all!

No comments: