Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Layton is 17 months!

Well, now that you are about half way through another month, I thought I'd better get on with this 17 month post!  17 months finds you busier than ever, Layton!  You are climbing more, testing the boundaries more, throwing fits more, talking more (a little bit more), running more, learning more, and making me fall in love with you more (if that is possible). 

I don't have as many random pictures of you this month as we have been busy busy and most of the pictures have gone along with other blog posts.  I took this one this month at Chick-fil-a--one of our favorite places to go.  You eat so well there and now you have learned to climb all through the playground all by yourself.  You love it!  You are not afraid of much.
You are really running these days and to see you run with those short little legs just makes me smile every time.  You are getting into everything.  You still climb into the chairs and on top of tables.  You love to get to the computer still and get in big trouble for pounding on it all the time.  You still love playing with Lincoln's legos.  I find pieces scattered all over the house constantly.  You love to take the things he has made apart much to Lincoln's dismay.  If I am in the office you come and start pulling things out of the book shelves.  If you catch no one in the office and the door is open, you go straight for the drawer that holds the permanent markers.  I am getting good at getting permanent marker out of your clothes. Ugh!
You love to get into my bathroom drawers.  While I was getting ready one morning, you found the mirror and I caught you doing this.  I thought it was so cute!  You found yourself!  Sometimes when you see yourself in a mirrow, you point and say "Me."
Hannah was keeping you busy here by reading you a story.  She is just so good with you.
You like balloons.  You thought it was the funnest thing to roll around on this balloon.  I don't know if you were trying to pop it or not, but it kept you busy for quite a while.  Luckily it never popped.  I had my camera ready, though, in case it did because I wanted to get your reaction.


I guess you wanted to "help" Daddy up in the attic.

 Kris and Lincoln had gone to the Razorback game in Fayetteville, so you, Hannah, and I stayed home and worked on putting up the Christmas tree.  You were getting tired so Hannah tried to make you take a nap on the ottoman.  She got a blanket, your paci, and all kinds of toys for you.  Little Momma I tell ya.
 You are saying a few more words this month.  You have tried to say bird, all gone, and don't know.  You can say Ball and think that the ornaments on the tree are balls.  Yeah, that has been fun!  Pappaw taught you to say "Beep Beep" for a car.  That is cute.  You point at places you want to go when I am holding you.   When I ask you where something is you hold your hands out and have this question look on your face and it sounds like you try to say "Don't know".
 You know where your nose..
 head...
 belly button, tongue, and toes are.  You can point to my eyes, but not your own yet.  We are working on the body parts.  You still love the songs "God Made the Big Round Sun" and "The Itsy Bitsy Spider."  You scrunch up your face when you know that I am about to say "God Made Me" because you know I am fixing to tickle your belly.
 You wouldn't know it by this picture, but you can really get the pouty lip going.  When you are sad about something, usually when you know you have gotten in trouble, you turn that lip down.  Sometimes you hide your face or walk away and pout.  You are kind of sensitive.

You are not much fun to take shopping.  After the snacks are gone, you are done and sometimes you let me know it.  One morning we were in Kohl's shopping.  You wanted out of the stroller so bad.  You got to throwing this biggiest fit in the middle of the store.  I was so embarrassed.  Nothing was working to calm you down.  You were just mad (and tired).  So I took you to the dressing room.  You kept going.  I finally just put you down in the floor and after rolling around screaming mad for a bit, I held my arms out to you and you came and laid your head down on my shoulder and calmed down.  This was after I had tried to do this several times.  I think you wore yourself out.  Boy, were you upset though.  That was a doozy!

You got your top right eye tooth this month.  So we have three to go. You still eat really well.  Some of your favorites are green beans, scrambled egg, just about any fruit, chips, corn on the cob, chicken, and fruit snacks.  You are still wearing size 4 diapers mostly.  You wear mostly 18 months clothes and size 5 shoe.

You love to take baths and go outside.  You still cry sometimes when I leave you in the nursery or for Bible Class.  You do fine after a few minutes though and seem to enjoy it. 

You are still taking 2 naps most days--unless I spend the morning running errands.  Then you will usually take a good 2-3 hour afternoon nap.  Some days I have to wake you up to go get Hannah.  You go to bed at 8:00 p.m. and wake up between 6:15 and 6:30 a.m.


Layton - 17 months

I am getting excited to watch you experience Christmas this year!  It is right around the corner!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Layton is an absolute doll! I love the pic of him bending over and looking in the little mirror.