Saturday, December 31, 2011

Layton is 18 months!

A year and a half!!!!  I can't believe that you are this old!  You are getting so so big, Layt and cuter every day, I think.  Let's see.  What do I want to remember about you right now?  Well, let's start off with your 18 month stats.  We went to see Dr. Byrum yesterday.  You were 24 lbs (23%).  You were 31 1/4 inches tall (18%).  And your head was 19 inches (62%).  You are just a little fella, but healthy.  That is all that matters!!  You got a Hep A shot, but don't have to get anymore till you are 4!  Yippee!!  You don't care for the shots!  You let Dr. Byrum check you all out without any problems, except when it was time for him to look in your mouth, you wouldn't do it and said, "No."  You have finally learned that word.  It happens to be the cutest thing when you say it.  You will say, "Nooo.  Nooo.  Noooooooo!" and your voice gets higher with each no.  It cracks me up and you laugh when I laugh at you.  You will answer questions now with "no".  You haven't figured out the word "yes" yet.  I have to get you to nod your head up and down for yes.

Another word you have discovered is "mine."  This is definitely because your big brother has a little habit of taking things away from you or trying to.  You say "my" and get very upset.  You can also say "bye bye", "Da" for Dash, and boat.  You have a boat you play with in the bath tub.  You still grunt quite a bit and jabber like you are saying a whole sentence but can't quite get all the words out clearly to be understood.  It is so cute.  You try so hard to talk.

You are such a good little eater.  You like most things.  A new favorite is my potato soup.  You love it!  You also love broccoli and tomatoes.  You call the little cherry tomatoes, balls, and will eat and eat them.  You also have discovered salad and salad dressing.  You love to dip your lettuce in the ranch dressing.  You eat lots of salad this way.  In this picture you were eating a bean burrito I think.


You are getting better and better with the spoon/fork.  You still seem to use your left hand mostly.  You will blow your food if it is hot and will say "Owwww!" and get this sad look on your face if you touch something that is hot. 

This day you discovered the Reeses Pieces that Da, I mean somebody, had left on the coffee table.  I guess you are not allergic to peanuts because you didn't have any reactions.  You were quite proud of yourself and thought it was funny.
You are really giving lots of love lately.  When I ask you for some love, you come over and lay your head on my shoulder.  You like to do this often while I am cooking.  So, I just bend down and we hug for a minute and you go about your business.  Ha!
Helping yourself to some cereal.  You are getting into EVERYTHING!!!
See what I mean.  You found Daddy's coffee stuff and got all the sugar packets out.
You are a really good sleeper.  Occasionally you will wake up and want a drink still or need to be rocked for a minute.  I don't mind this too much.  When you wake up from sleeping, you call "Momma!  Momma!" until I come get you.  It is a sweet little sound.  I am soaking this up because I know you won't do it forever. 

This funny picture was taken while we were at Mimi and Pappaw's house.  Mimi had changed your diaper and didn't quite get it on.  Ha!
This is just a cute picture of you wearing your Kansas City sweats that Aunt Mona gave you last Christmas.  They just now fit.  You look adorable in them.
You and I have a Target popcorn date almost weekly.  I enjoy this time with just you.  You are pretty friendly to people around us and give them the sweetest silliest smiles.  They always say how cute you are.
One day you, Lincoln, and I went to Chickfila with some of Lincoln's buddies from school and their moms.  You got ahold of a thing of ketchup and went to town.  You had it all over your face and hands.  You like ketchup!

You love to sneak into the pantry when the door gets left open and get into Dash's dog food.  I clean up dog food quite a bit.  You haven't eaten it yet which is surprising.  Speaking of Dash.  I have about decided he is a bit jealous of you or is trying to dominate you or something because if you are outside, he is all over you.  He jumps up and knocks you down everytime.  You cry for a second and then you are fine.  But for some reason, he wants to do this to you.  You still like him though.  I am trying to teach you to say "Off" and push him away.
I finally may have a train lover!!!  I really hope so.  Lincoln never really got into trains or the train table.  You seem to like them and spend quite a bit of time playing with the trains.  I love to watch you.

You got your bottom right and top left eye teeth this month.  That leaves 1 to go.  You got another haircut.  I have started taking you to Great Clips.  They have done a pretty good job the last 2 times and their price is good especially when I have a coupon.  This last time you didn't want to sit by yourself for some reason.  So, you just sat on my lap.
I don't have a picture of you and the Christmas trees.  You had a really hard time keeping your hands off them.  You and Lincoln have one in your room and it is on your changing table.  You would climb up on the little table that was next to the changing table and throw the "balls" as you would call them.  Quite a few broke and I'd have to vacuum them up!  These ornaments were just some old ball ornaments that we've had for a long time.  They were not the shatter proof kind.  We will probably change that for next year.
Layton - 18 months
Layton, you are just a "ball" of energy and fun and I love you!!

No comments: