Friday, December 30, 2011

My Latest Projects

When I can find the time, I am still enjoying doing crafty projects.  This one I did a while back and I love how it turned out.  It was super easy too.  It is just a 4x6 canvas that I modge podged a picture to and then modge podged scrapbook paper to the sides.  I did a couple of them and have the supplies to do a few more the biggest of which is an 11x17 picture of our family at Wye Mountain this year.
I really wanted something different for my Christmas mantel this year.  I got a good deal on stockings from Pottery Barn last year after the season.  So, I needed the decor to match them.  I found the idea for the trees on Pinterest. 



 The Christmas trees were fun to make.  I just rolled up a piece of posterboard, cut out some fabric to fit, used spray adhesive to stick it on, and added a few embellishments.
 I got these paper mache letters at Hobby Lobby when they were on sale, painted them red, and hung them with some ribbon.  Easy peasy.
 Next, I needed something for the door.  I decided to make a burlap wreath using a piece of foam tubing from Lowe's that cost like $1 for the form.  However, it didn't hold its shape very well and I didn't like it.  I have bought a regular wreath form and am going to try to redo it and use it possibly through Valentines Day.
 I still needed a Christmas door hanger, so I made this ornament one out of burlap.  I also made one for my other bunko group's Dirty Santa game! 
 Hannah has been accumulating head bands.  She is just about out of the bow phase.  Sniff sniff.  We needed something to hold them all.  So, I made this out of an oatmeal container, a little fabric, and some ribbon.  It works great and matches the bathroom!  Ha!
I'm loving my little crafty time.  I got several Hobby Lobby gift cards for my birthday/Christmas.  There will probably be more crafts to come!

No comments: