Saturday, December 7, 2013

Catch up on Hannah

It has been a while since I talked about what is going on with each child so I thought I'd do a little catch up on each one.  I have random pictures to share as well.

Hannah is really growing up.  She still loves to read and draw.  I would say those are two of her favorite things to do.  She is constantly talking about a book she picked out to read or what they are reading in school.  She randomly does crafts and loves for her brothers or friends to do them with her.  She also is really into Lego Friends these days.  She came home from school one day recently talking about how they were decorating their classroom door for Christmas.  So, what did she do?  She decorated her door of course.


This is a picture I took of her after she tried on her Halloween costume from last year to see if it still fit.  I loved this one.  Doesn't she look super cute?  We were going to a little photo shoot that a photographer friend of ours asked the kids to be a part of for a Halloween/Fall magazine cover.
Hannah is very opinionated on what she wears and on how her hair looks.  Because we were battling a lot every morning about clothes, I finally had to just let go.  It was hard for me and still is because she will typically pick out the same clothes over and over again and completely overlook other nice outfits.  Or she will pick an old t-shirt and shorts that don't even match.  This is so hard for me because I feel like I have wasted money on her clothes when money is not really there to be wasted.  So, she has actually gone shopping with me to pick out her own clothes which has helped a little.  I still have to every now and then go in and point out that she hasn't worn something in weeks.  The not matching, I just have to take a deep breath and let go.  

The hair too.  I just have to let go.  Breath, Jamie, breath.  This hair do she did one afternoon right before Life Group I think.  Oh my.  I think she ended up taking it out right before they got there though.  Yikes.



We have had some rocky times lately, so I have tried to make an effort to do some mommy/daughter things just the two of us.  We went to see Pinkalicious at the Arkansas Arts Center a while back.  It was super cute.  We went and got ice cream afterwards and did a little shoe shopping together.  


You wouldn't know it to look at this sweet little face, but she can give her momma quite the attitude.  I am just being real here.  It has been a really hard few months.  After much prayer, advice-getting, talking, consequences and crying (from she and I), I really think things are better and on an upward turn!  Thank the Lord!


Hannah likes school.  She has a wonderful teacher this year who is very nice.  Her grade had a little Fall Musical a few weeks ago.  They all had to dress up in their Halloween costumes.


They sang a few songs and Hannah and a couple of other girls got to recite a short little poem together.


Here she is with a couple of her friends from her class.


Hannah made the A/B Honor Roll for the first 9 weeks.  She had an 89 in Science!  Ugh!  Her teacher was surprised about that and said that she thought it was because of one test Hannah took on the Muscular System I think.  Her next lowest grade after that was a 95 in Reading.  So, we were very proud of her!!  She is a great student and never gets in trouble!  Her teacher says she is a delight to have in class and that she is very responsible and helpful.  She said she can always count on Hannah to be a peer tutor as well and that she is very kind to her peers.  I love that!  She read 138 wpm on her 1st DIBELS check which her teacher says is very fluent.  She said expected levels at the end of the 1st semester are 92 wpm for 3rd grade.


Here she is getting her A/B Honor Roll award from Mr. Burbank, her principal.





She also got the Best Writer award from her class.  Yay!  She is having a great school year so far!






Hannah is still doing piano but doesn't seem to like to practice.  So, we will see where she goes with this.  She just got a Christmas song to work on.  She gets frustrated very easily and so we are working on dealing with that.  She doesn't like to mess up on things.  I really want her to see that just because something is hard, you don't give up.  You work hard and do your very best.  It is a life lesson I think she really needs to learn.

A couple of nights ago Hannah wanted to give me a spa treatment.  This was what she gave me.  So cute!  I chose the massage, foot bath, and deluxe hair care.  Ha!


So, she cleaned my feet, massaged them, rubbed lotion on them, and then fixed my hair.  I love this girl so much!




1 comment:

Matt and Rachel said...

I can't believe how big she is! She and Madeleine are into EXACTLY the same things! So fun!