Saturday, December 7, 2013

Halloween 2013

For Halloween this year, I tried to be cheap.  I hate buying Halloween costumes.  A friend of mine told me that our library has a Costume Closet where you can go check out a costume.  I mistakenly thought their selection would be big, but it wasn't.  However, Lincoln found one he liked and so did Hannah, so I can't complain.  

Lincoln picked a Transformer costume.  Hannah picked a witch one.  I did splurge on a different hat, some striped tights, and a broom, but they were all not that costly.  The library didn't have anything good for Layton so I went with my original idea for him--a minion.  We had the overalls, I found the glasses at the Dollar Tree, and I found the yellow hoodie jacket at a local consignment store.  He has actually been able to wear it as a jacket since Halloween.  I painted his face yellow and pinned black pipe cleaners to the top of his hoodie for the hair.  It was precious.




Our first Halloween stop was our church Kiddie Karnival.  It was rainy that night so they had it inside.




Hannah and Hannah.  My Hannah thought she was too big for all the carnival games this year.  I couldn't believe it.  She wouldn't do any of them.


Layton and Lincoln did, though, and got lots of candy.







After playing the carnival games, we went and trunk-or-treated.  Because of the rain, they just moved the decorations into classrooms.  It worked out great I thought.  There was a ton of participation from the church.  They went all out!  Here is Layton with some more minion friends.


Kenzie and Karly were minions too.  Their momma made their costumes!  So cute!



The kids got SO much candy!!!



Layton and Ivy.  Adorable.  That hat was something!



I was so impressed with our Kiddie Karnival.  Our children's ministers, the 5th and 6th grade Life Class, and everyone else that helped did an amazing job.  There were SO many people there that night.  They served hotdogs, chips, and drinks to everyone.  It was a really great way to serve the community too!

Next up was actual Halloween night.






The kids definitely didn't need any more candy, but we had to go trick-or-treat at some of our neighbors houses.  They expect to see the kids each year and a few of the older ladies have special treat bags for our kids.  I love that.  Hannah walked around with her friend Madison from down the street, so she is not in the trick-or-treating pictures with the boys.




Lastly, here is my front door.  I decorated it this year with some big googly eyes I found in the dollar section at Target, some streamers, and some electrical tape.  Thanks Pinterest!


No comments: