Saturday, December 7, 2013

Miscellaneous Catch Up

Ok, now for some miscellaneous stuff.

We have been enjoying our little Life Group this year.  When I say little, I mean little.  It is just us, the Cheesmans, and the Stephens, but I love it.  The kids are so excited to be together each week and we have been able to grow closer to Colin and Amy and Mike and Stacey.  It has just felt right.  We are studying Genesis.  Colin had co-taught a class on it once and so he had all kinds of good material to discuss.  We have incorporated the kids as well and talked a lot about the specifics in Genesis that are so interesting.  We fellowship quite a bit by either going out afterwards (we meet at 4:00 so this works out great) or sharing a meal together at our house.  We just all pitch in and bring something and it is great.

This picture was one taken when we all went to the new Hardees right by our house.



Here Kris was using a tape measure and wrapping it around the kids to try to give them a visual of how long Noah's ark was.


This was one night after eating together, the kids had played hard and needed to settle down a bit, so we stuck in a movie so the adults could still visit a while longer.



We helped Conner and Abby celebrate their birthdays up at the church building a while back.  The kids had a lot of fun!






This is just a random picture of Hannah and Lincoln sitting out waiting on their ride to school.  Back when the weather was still nice, Layton would sometimes go sit and wait with them.  This day he was in his underwear.  This year a neighbor down the street picks up my kids and takes them to school and I pick up her three after school.  It is really working well!


We really like the game Farkle.  We played it one night and ate Sour Patch Kids.  :-)


Back in September our young moms Bible Study started back up again at church.  We decided to call our group PV MOMs which stands for Pleasant Valley Moms of Munchkins.  This time I co-led it and it was nice to have 2 other girls that helped out.  We studied Karol Ladd's The Power of a Positive Wife this time.  It was an excellent book I thought.  Leading this group the last year has been so good for me.  It has put me out of my comfort zone, but I can really see how it has helped my love for God's word to grow by leaps and bounds.

One of the weeks where it was my turn to lead, we talked about respecting our husbands.  In order to have a visual and to help us brain storm ways we could be more respectful, I came up with this idea.


I used these big post-it-notes that Kris very handily had at the office, to write the letters in Respect on the wall.


Then, I had a way to respect our husbands that went along with each letter and I asked the girls to share some practical things that they could do that went along with each.  Here were the ways:

Respond to Him Physically
Emphasize His Good Points
Submit to Him
Pray for Him
Eyes Only For Him
Cherish Being With Him
Thank Him

I am SUPER excited to start up again in January.  This time just Kelly and I are leading.  We are going to study Joanna Weaver's Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World: Finding Intimacy With God in the Business of Life.  I can't wait to dive into it!!!



Here's a picture of our group on the last day.  The numbers started off at about 18 or 19.  There were several missing this day, but we had a great group of ladies!  I am very thankful for each one of them.


Here is a picture that I left off the post about Kris preaching back home.  I had to get one picture!


This is the picture that he had Hannah draw of Jesus.  He used it in his Power Point during the sermon when he talked about how Jesus left us a legacy.


Let's see.  Halloween has come and gone, but here are some goodies that I made and had the kids take to their teachers.  They were Salted Caramel Truffles.  They were super rich, but yummy.


Jimmy gave Kris 8 tickets to the Little Rock Razorback game a couple of weeks ago.  It was very cold and a not-so-great game, but we had fun!



We invited Colin and Braden to go with us!


One night the kids were awfully quiet and I went back to Hannah's room and found them like this.  She was reading to the boys.  Love it!


Another night I found them all cuddled up in one chair watching t.v.  

I just love ALL these miscellaneous, sweet moments of every day life.



No comments: