Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Creative Cat - Lincoln at 4 1/2

Lincoln, you are my creative cat. You are always wanting to keep things so you can make something out of them. Many times it is the trash from the lunch we are having. I have to put my foot down on some of the things you want to keep. You have made things out of your Happy Meal box, fries bag, and your nuggets box. We go through computer paper and tape like crazy. It is neat to watch your little mind work. You (like your sister) love to do crafts and make things.

I took this picture at Ryan and Sarah's Going Away Reception at church. You and all the other kids were running around playing. Someone got my attention and told me to look at you. They were laughing and talking about what an imagination you had! You used some cups to make some kind of ankle bracelets. We all couldn't figure out how you got them on without breaking the cups.

You are getting into writing these days. You can write your name now. Hannah loves to help you.

You were wanting to spell different animals like cow, cat, and dog. You didn't know how to make the w in cow so I told you to look at the frig magnet. You were working on it so hard.



You are the silliest boy sometimes. One day on our way to preschool, you decided you wanted to wear this hat. You were dead serious about it. Me, on the other hand, not so much. I kind of put my foot down. ;-)

You can't decide if you are going to still take naps or not. Some days you do and most days you don't. I love it when I find you so worn out that you just crash.


Here is another one of your creative ideas. You came to me asking for help because you couldn't get the tape to stick on your face. That is a straw you are using as a mustache.

You get upset when things don't go your way. That silly straw wouldn't stay on.

You have some sweet moments with Layton. Here you both are playing ball with each other. I thoroughly enjoyed watching this sweet moment--initiated by you.

Another day you came to me and had some specific requests. You already had 2 sharpened pencils and some paper. You asked me for some playdoh. You explained to me that you wanted to make some drum sticks. I just went with the flow and got the playdoh down for you. You made 2 balls and stuck them on the sharpened end of each pencil. Then, you tried to draw a circle on your paper. However, you needed my help to cut it out. Circles are hard to cut out you said. You explained to me what you wanted me to do and I cut 2 circles out for you. Next, you needed 2 "bands". This is what you call rubber bands. You had me wrap the paper circles around the playdoh and hold them in place with the rubber bands--making drumsticks! I asked you how you knew how to do this and you told me that you saw it on tv. Smarty pants!




I know I am forgetting some other things I really wanted to remember. Maybe they will come to me and I can come back and add them in.

I think you are getting better in bible class. Every once in a while, the teacher will tell me that you had a lot of energy that morning but here lately I haven't heard anything. You come home and are able to tell us about the story you learned about so I know you are listening and taking it all in. This makes me proud.

You LOVE to play the Leapsters. You are really good at the games and get super excited when you "win"!! So funny!

You love to watch Scooby Doo and the Smurfs. They are your favorites right now. I introduced you and Hannah to The Littles the other day and you really liked them too. It is so funny how you are watching all the old cartoons that I watched as a kid.

You love sweets. You are constantly asking me for something sweet to eat--cookies, candy, fruit. CONSTANTLY!!!

You have learned to ride your bike finally--with training wheels. It took you a while to figure out how to pedal. You probably prefer to ride your scooter though.

You love coins. You want to play with money alot. This scares me to death because I am afraid Layton will find some that you have left on the floor.

You love to make messes and drag everything out, but hate to clean up. Typical kid. We go round and round trying to get you to clean up your messes.

You just can't seem to stay in your seat at the table while we are eating. We are constantly getting on to you about sitting down. This is super frustrating. I have tried putting you back in a booster seat. Honestly I don't know why we stopped that. I think you caught me at a weak moment and said you were ready to stay in your seat and try again. We probably need to go back to the booster.

You enjoy being read to especially if it is just you and me. I love this about you. For all your energy, you will sit and let me read to you. This is special to me.

I can't remember if I have written this down or not, but you have finally learned to stand up to pee pee. Making a chart for this worked great for you.

Lincoln, you are just growing up. You keep us hopping that is for sure. My days wouldn't be near as interesting if you weren't in them. You are so much fun. I never know what you are going to do next. We love you so so much and are so proud of you!!!

No comments: