Monday, June 20, 2011

Dad's 70th Birthday!

My dad recently celebrated his 70th birthday. We headed to Texarkana to celebrate on a Saturday night after the Arthritis Walk here. When we got there, we met Wes' girlfriend, Jess. She made Hannah this skirt out of some tulle that she and Wes found at a garage sale. Hannah was all smiles!

That night we celebrated Wes' birthday first. He had a chocolate pie for his birthday.


Dad had a delicious strawberry cake for his!

I got him a colage of pictures of him with the kids to go in his office at work.

My mom made him the neatest scrapbook all about his life. So special!




Dad as a little boy.



Wes playing with Layt.

The kids and I spent till Tuesday morning at my parents. I got to go shopping one day by myself which was SO nice! The rest of the time we just played.

Mimi and Layt

We picked blackberries with Pappaw one night after supper.






Then, the kids helped Mimi pick some beans.




Pappaw dug up the potatoes.


Then, Lincoln helped him pile them up.

There were a lot of potatoes. We got to take some home and have enjoyed eating them!


Showing me a bean.




Dad, I can't believe you turned 70! Hope you had a happy birthday!! We love you!

No comments: