Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Special Anniversary Date

For our anniversary, Kris got me a new Shark VacThenSteam so I can clean my hardwood floors and tile.  Yay!  He also got us a tent so we can try our hands at camping!  These were two things that I have been wanting.  He also bought and arranged these flowers for me.  Beautiful!


My gift to him was to recreate our first date.  I had been planning on doing this for quite some time.  I was given the idea at one of our GALS meetings at church.

I hate that I don't have any pictures of our first date.  I don't even know the actual date.  I think it was in April of 2000 though.  It was a Monday night I remember.  The night before, my car window had been busted out in the church parking lot because I stupidly left my purse in there.  So, it was stolen and my window was busted.  I was so upset.  Kris came to the rescue!  I lived in an apartment with a couple of friends near the church and he came with me and fixed it up for me with cardboard until I could get it fixed properly.  He was so sweet.  We had already scheduled our date for the next night prior to this happening.

Kris was afraid that I wouldn't want to go on our date the next night because of what had happened.  However, I was even more sure I wanted to go on it because of how awesome he had been. 

Kris had planned for us to go hike Pinnacle Mountain for our date.  So, he picked me up that next night and off we went.  We hiked and when we got to the top, we sat and talked for quite a while.  I will never forget how much Kris talked.  It was hilarious to me.  I joke and tell him all the time that he pretty much told me his whole life story that night!  Ha! 

After hiking back down, we were hungry.  We went to dinner at Shorty Smalls.  We talked alot more and this time he asked alot about me.  It was a great first date!

Back to the present:

I told Kris that my parents were coming up for the weekend.  They were going to be here right after lunch which was a little unusual.  They normally don't come until after supper.  He had called me earlier in the week and tried to schedule for Direct TV to be installed Friday afternoon.  I had to tell him that I had things going on.  I know this caught his attention and made him a bit suspicious. 

My plan was to go surprise him at his office around 4:30 that day.  Anyway, he ended up knowing that I was coming but didn't know what we were going to be doing.  When I got there, I had brought him a change of clothes to go hiking.  It didn't take him long.  He figured it out!  I played dumb until we got close to Pinnacle.  Ha!  Mind you, it was like 97 degrees outside.  He was so excited, I'm sure!
The climb was a little more difficult than I remembered it being! 


Beautiful views though!


Ok, the FUNNIEST thing happened as we started up the mountain.  We saw this guy.  You can see him in the background of this picture.  We are positive that he was hiking the mountain that day on our first date.  Seriously.  He was wearing the same tight biker bikini bottoms.  He was quite memorable.  Kris and I laughed and laughed about this.
Finally made it to the top!
I brought Kris some Tim Tam cookies.  These were cookies he used to only get to eat in Australia.  He loves them.  We would have to buy them at the Australia store in NLR if we wanted some.  I just happened to see them in Target not too long ago and got him some.
He read the card I got for him.

We took our picture at the top.

Then we headed back down. By this time he knew we were headed to Shorty Smalls next.

These pictures are from Shorty Smalls.  Kris is such a goof ball.  You can DEFINITELY see where Lincoln gets his silliness from!  I had to post all these pictures on here because I couldn't believe how much they reminded me of the pictures of Lincoln at Grandma and Grandad's 50th wedding reception.  Hilarious!










Love you Kris!!!

No comments: